1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the trueCall Community Forum - The official discussion forum for trueCall users.

You are currently browsing as a guest. You are invited to register with the trueCall Community Forum and join this growing community of trueCall users. Registration only takes a minute and has benefits such as the ability to post messages, private messaging and more.

What's the point in zapping?

Discussion in 'General' started by Belligerent Barbara, Dec 5, 2014.

1. Belligerent Barbara

Belligerent Barbara Member

trueCall Model:
    trueCall Call Blocker
    UK
    Revelling in the delight of seeing that my new trueCall blocked one withheld number and one landline number yesterday, and an international number today - from Myanmar, no less.

The landline was one that had called me earlier yesterday (before my unit arrived) - Energy Review, something to do with boilers or solar panels or who cares what. First entry on my Zap list. I looked up the Mynamar one - it's the Windows scam.

I have zapped both of them.... but I'm wondering actually if there is any point? If the Whisper challenge is enough to stop them bothering me, job done.

I can see the point of zapping someone who answers the Whisper challenge and I take the call. I mean, I work from home, and I do from time to time get legitimate calls from people I don't know. So if someone responded to the Whisper with "Joe Bloggs from Wediddleyou Home Improvements", I would zap them rather than take the call, since he's obviously got enough nerve to persist. But if he just said "Joe Bloggs", I would take the call, because I have no idea who Joe Bloggs is. Once I found out - I would zap him to prevent further intrusion.

So - who do you zap?

2. Belligerent Barbara

Belligerent Barbara Member

trueCall Model:
    trueCall Call Blocker
    UK
    And as a follow up..... I did another weblink at lunchtime having been out during the morning, and discovered that the Myanmar number tried me twice during this morning.

Here's the thing - I added it to my Zap list last night, and that should have been synchronised overnight as I've set my unit to weblink daily. But this morning's attempts were both treated as International calls (Shield & Whisper) rather than zapped. No big deal, I suppose, since as we know, call centres don't bother responding to Shield or Whisper (never mind both). But I am a bit concerned that the Zap doesn't appear to have worked. Full CLI shown in all cases.

Dead chuffed that 5 calls have been blocked in not much more than 48 hours, though :)