1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the trueCall Community Forum - The official discussion forum for trueCall users.

You are currently browsing as a guest. You are invited to register with the trueCall Community Forum and join this growing community of trueCall users. Registration only takes a minute and has benefits such as the ability to post messages, private messaging and more.

what are these numbers? 01212 international

Discussion in 'Telepests' started by cranhamg, Nov 2, 2016.

1. cranhamg

cranhamg New Member

trueCall Model:
    trueCall Call Blocker
    United Kingdom
    I'm getting more and more of these in one form or another - I block them only for a slight variation to the number to pop up the next day - it says international but then in brackets "Birmingham" or similar - getting pretty fed up - this is what true-call report says - any advice appreciated

02/11/16 10:11 01212
    INTERNATIONAL
    00:33​
    [Birmingham] Unrecognised caller. / Ring direct / Hung up - no message

2. Top Cat

Top Cat Administrator Staff Member

trueCall Model:
    trueCall Classic + Extra + Recorder
    Englishman in Wales!
    Sounds like the Microsoft Support scam:

http://whocallsme.com/Phone-Number.aspx/01212

I use a tougher policy: every incoming call is assumed to be hostile and sent to messaging unless I have white listed the number. This is not as difficult as it appears - all the STD codes local to me or local to close family are wild-card starred.

Don't quote me, but I suspect the call is actually international but spoofing the 01212 CLI which then confuses the trueCall into assigning the Birmingham label. You could just set the trueCall to reject incoming international calls - it probably takes the ICP to set this up.