1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the trueCall Community Forum - The official discussion forum for trueCall users.

You are currently browsing as a guest. You are invited to register with the trueCall Community Forum and join this growing community of trueCall users. Registration only takes a minute and has benefits such as the ability to post messages, private messaging and more.

Weblink Control

Discussion in 'Internet Control Panel Suggestion Box' started by AlbertTheGeek, Apr 19, 2013.

1. AlbertTheGeek

AlbertTheGeek Member

trueCall Model:
    trueCall Call Blocker
    Would it be possible to force a device weblink update from the Internet Control Panel?

I am remote from the unit and would be nice to do changes in the Control Panel and then hit a button in the web interface to force a device weblink update from there rather than the button on the device.

2. toekneem

toekneem Member

trueCall Model:
    trueCall Call Blocker + Recorder
    Essex, land of sunshine , drought and conservative policies
    Would be ideal.
    In the meantime you can set the Weblink in the Options of the Contol panel to either , "Weblink if a message was left" or "Weblink after messages or Missed calls" and then ring your home telephone number. This will then do a weblink upload.

3. AlbertTheGeek

AlbertTheGeek Member

trueCall Model:
    trueCall Call Blocker
    Good idea. Just getting used to it - only had for a day and forgot about that setting.

Thanks toekneem.

4. diabolo

diabolo Maintainer Staff Member

trueCall Model:
    trueCall Call Blocker + Recorder
    England
    You can force a weblink remotely:

From the trueCall manual:
    The same trick works from inside your house (should your trueCall unit be not easily accessible or to hand). Dial into the unit with #* (as though picking up messages) and press * whilst the unit is describing your mailbox to initiate a Weblink.

5. AlbertTheGeek

AlbertTheGeek Member

trueCall Model:
    trueCall Call Blocker
    Another good pointer diabolo. Thanks.
    It's so nice to be on a forum that doesn't toss "RTFM" about but points new users at specific things. No sarcasm, I really mean that.

Anyway. I'm a man so ... who reads manuals???? :D

6. Top Cat

Top Cat Administrator Staff Member

trueCall Model:
    trueCall Classic + Extra + Recorder
    Englishman in Wales!
    I don't do RTFM either. I might do "read the sodding post I only wrote in reply to this thread yesterday" though! LOL

The problem with initiating a web link directly from the Internet control panel would be how to trigger it - the trueCall unit is not in contact with the servers at that point, so it would require a call to be initiated from the server end at a cost.

7. stevea

stevea New Member

This is why future trueCall designs should incorporate ethernet.

8. David

David Member

trueCall Model:
    trueCall Classic + Extra + Recorder
    Glorious Devon (Sod the NSA!)
    Possible solution:
    1. User clicks Initiate Weblink button on control panel.
    2. Server end initiates a call to the user's phone from a specific number.
    3. Unit recognizes the calling number but does not actually answer.
    4. The call is terminated after a few seconds.
    5. After a short delay the unit performs a Weblink.
    This would incur no cost at the server end.