1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the trueCall Community Forum - The official discussion forum for trueCall users.

You are currently browsing as a guest. You are invited to register with the trueCall Community Forum and join this growing community of trueCall users. Registration only takes a minute and has benefits such as the ability to post messages, private messaging and more.

Voicemail Records After Caller Hangs Up

Discussion in 'trueCall Call Blocker' started by AlbertTheGeek, Apr 19, 2013.

1. AlbertTheGeek

AlbertTheGeek Member

trueCall Model:
    trueCall Call Blocker
    Actually this is just FYI but someone else may have the same issue and think their hardware has a problem so thought worth putting down.

Today when testing my new Call Blocker settings I tried Voicemail on the box. After I left a message and hung up the unit still held onto the line and carried on recording for a further minute or so before it stopped recording and closed the line down.

I rang support at trueCall and they were very helpful.

Seems that some networks have changed the frequency again of the 'caller hung up' signal (in my case TalkTalk but Sky was mentioned too) and so the device cannot see the hang-up event. Eventually the network forces the session to be closed.

You can do either of the following:
    • Disable Voicemail on the device and re-enable it on your phone.
    OR
    • Leave it to run through and when listening to the messages just delete after the message audio ends.
    Not ideal but until things settle down and standardise I suppose we have to accept it.

Top Cat and diabolo like this.
  2. AlbertTheGeek

AlbertTheGeek Member

trueCall Model:
    trueCall Call Blocker
    Forgot to say, this may be across the product lines but only have a Call Blocker myself so don't know.

3. toekneem

toekneem Member

trueCall Model:
    trueCall Call Blocker + Recorder
    Essex, land of sunshine , drought and conservative policies
    I have had this , where the line was not being dropped (Sky line). but I thought it just happened with automated recordings where the machine at the other end didn't drop the line properly. My workaround was for everyone apart from starred callers to press a number to get through to either speak or leave a message. machines cannot press the number so do not get through to leave a message.
    Seems to stop it here, but will have to keep an eye on it .

4. AlbertTheGeek

AlbertTheGeek Member

trueCall Model:
    trueCall Call Blocker
    Yes. my settings are like this now for calling in but when Voicemail runs it still holds the line for an extra minute or so after caller has left a message.

Seems trueCall fixed this previously for several networks, including TalkTalk and Sky, but TalkTalkand Sky have since changed the drop signal frequency yet again so will need patching again eventually. Got this from the trueCall support guy.

5. Top Cat

Top Cat Administrator Staff Member

trueCall Model:
    trueCall Classic + Extra + Recorder
    Englishman in Wales!
    Thanks for this, I have noticed a few occurrences of recording a dropped line too.

6. HAL9000

HAL9000 Member

trueCall Model:
    Continental Europe
    Sorry, but how do you disable the Voicemail on the device?

7. Top Cat

trueCall Model:
    Englishman in Wales!
  8. HAL9000

HAL9000 Member

trueCall Model:
    Continental Europe
    Thank you Top Cat.
    1. I read the link and I now understand what you meant.
    2. Your solution is not what I'm looking for. I want to switch Off or On the voicemail according to my needs.
    3. I know that you can modify hidden settings with ##*XXXX# codes. I would be surprised that there is no such code. I know codes for other things.

9. Top Cat

trueCall Model:
    Englishman in Wales!
    Care to share?

I don't see the problem with setting 120 seconds - how many people are going to let the phone ring that long (even if the network lets them)?

10. HAL9000

HAL9000 Member

trueCall Model:
    Continental Europe
    I don't. But I suppose that trueCall doesn't want that these codes circulate on the Internet.
    But one was made public. Here's the link:
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/review/R1LCHDDWB54W75
    I suppose that this code is for the Classic trueCall unit because the code for the Blocker is different.
    So be very careful with these codes.
    I'm willing to post the other few codes I know, if trueCall support allows it.
    Sorry, but I hope you understand.

Now I fully understand your logic. You are right, this is the solution.
    Sorry, sometimes my brain hurts and it needs some time to find the correct way through all these billions of connections. Gumbys!
    [​IMG]

11. shadowfax

shadowfax Member

trueCall Model:
    trueCall Call Blocker
    I phoned trueCall and asked that they turn off my machine's voicemail. Unfortunately re-enabling it will require another call to them, shame there isn't a code we can use.
    HAL9000, you say you "know codes for other things"; assuming trueCall related, is there anything useful/interesting you might be willing to share and that wouldn't affect any warranties?

12. HAL9000

HAL9000 Member

trueCall Model:
    Continental Europe
    May I know how trueCall turned off your voicemail?

13. shadowfax

shadowfax Member

trueCall Model:
    trueCall Call Blocker
    I've no idea, but it was done in seconds while I was talking with them on the 'phone; they possibly sent a variant of #*xxx - but I didn't hear any peeps or squawks.
    As for the codes you posted, I think the only one I'd use would be to disable the bright LED, but it's not really a problem where I've sited it, perhaps in a year or two when more codes have been discovered........

14. Top Cat

trueCall Model:
    Englishman in Wales!
  15. Claire Will

Claire Will New Member

trueCall Model:
    trueCall Classic + Recorder
    United Kingdom
    Now 2016, this issue still occurs as switch to Sky broadband and phone now unless your near or in same room... if caller hangs up, no message... then a succession of tones and beeps start, getting higher in pitch...each about 30-60 seconds... it's a nightmare as late night callers cause line to stay open and squealing tones echo thru the house..until abled bodied person can get up, reach phone in living room and shut trueCall off?

Any sign of resolution trueCall?

16. Top Cat

trueCall Model:
    Englishman in Wales!
    Why not just set the trueCall unit volume to low or off?

17. Claire Will

Claire Will New Member

trueCall Model:
    United Kingdom
    Why should I have to record 70hrs of every increasing volume?

Is my unit defective?

Almost a year of unmanaged calls?

18. Claire Will

Claire Will New Member

trueCall Model:
    United Kingdom
    Custom answering is resolution.
    Otherwise if system volume turned down, line stays open and call connected, recorded