1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the trueCall Community Forum - The official discussion forum for trueCall users.

You are currently browsing as a guest. You are invited to register with the trueCall Community Forum and join this growing community of trueCall users. Registration only takes a minute and has benefits such as the ability to post messages, private messaging and more.

Using trueCall Call Blocker with an Orchid Dialler

Discussion in 'General' started by davidm53, Jun 2, 2019.

Tags:
  1. davidm53

davidm53 Member

trueCall Model:
    trueCall Call Blocker + Recorder
    UK
    Hi,

I've just installed my new trueCall box.

I already have an Orchid Dialler for routing outgoing calls and I connected the trueCall box between that and my phone base unit. The trueCall failed to connect on it's initial Weblinks even though my Orchid box is programmed to pass all 02 prefix calls straight through at weekends. I tried a few times, still failed.

I've temporarily removed the Orchid box, and the trueCall now seems to be working ok.
    Since the Orchid box only passes incoming calls straight through I wonder if connecting the trueCall on the line side of the Orchid box might allow it to work.

Any thoughts? Has anyone else got these two boxes to work nicely together? I hope I don't have to mess with the programming of my Orchid box, it's many years since I set it up, then just left it (even through GMT time changes). The old laptop I used for programming it has long gone, although I've found a copy of the Excel spreadsheet/programmer in my archives.

2. Top Cat

Top Cat Administrator Forum Volunteer

trueCall Model:
    trueCall Classic + Extra + Recorder
    Englishman in Wales!
    My advice is to try putting the trueCall upstream of your Orchid (whatever that is). I have a VoIP bridge downstream of my trueCall - unwanted calls don't get past the trueCall, wanted calls ring me wherever I am, and outgoing calls don't get interfered with anyway.

3. davidm53

davidm53 Member

trueCall Model:
    UK
    Just thought I'd give an update.

I've now had this working for nearly a couple of weeks. I have the Orchid call router connected to my incoming master socket, then the trueCall blocker connected to the Orchid, then my cordless phone base station connected to the trueCall blocker. The only problem that I'd had with this setup was that the Orchid was somehow interfering with the trueCall Weblink calls.

I've now added two routing entries to the Orchid to ensure that trueCall Weblink calls get passed through without any diverts to alternative phone service providers. Weblink seemed to be using either 02089402212 or 02089484522, so I've added 0208940 and 0208948 as the Call Types for the Orchid. (I can give the actual handset codes for adding these if anyone wants them).

Where I was getting 2 or 3 junk calls a day, since installing the trueCall blocker not a single one has gotten through, with other calls being received quite happily. So far I'm well pleased.

Top Cat likes this.
  4. Top Cat

trueCall Model:
    Englishman in Wales!
    May I ask why you decided on that way around, and not trueCall first?

Ah, I think I can guess - the Orchid might get in the way of interacting with the trueCall with a phone handset.

5. davidm53

davidm53 Member

trueCall Model:
    UK
    That was an additional reason, but the primary reason was more "agricultural" - the Orchid box was plumbed in to the master telephone socket on the second floor of my house** (and sort of hidden away in a cupboard with it's psu and various other bits of electronics), and the trueCall was to go in the living room of the ground floor for access to answerphone function, and the Mrs didn't want all of the boxes cluttering the place up!!

** the master socket was there because that's where my main PC used to live and in dial up internet days (remember them?) I had the house phone circuit wired so that I could easily unplug it and stop the family from using the phones if I wanted to use the modem.

6. Top Cat

trueCall Model:
    Englishman in Wales!
    I pick up voicemail via the phone handset: dial #* + PIN (I have that on speed dial). After a message is played, key 3 to delete it.

7. davidm53

davidm53 Member

trueCall Model:
    UK
    Mrs likes to see a flashing light to prompt her that there's a message waiting. We haven't completely escaped from the dinosaur era :dunno: