1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the trueCall Community Forum - The official discussion forum for trueCall users.

You are currently browsing as a guest. You are invited to register with the trueCall Community Forum and join this growing community of trueCall users. Registration only takes a minute and has benefits such as the ability to post messages, private messaging and more.

Unable to resolve Caller ID issues

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Freebird, May 18, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Freebird

Freebird New Member

trueCall Model:
    trueCall Call Blocker + Recorder
    UK
    I have a trueCall unit myself and also one for my 93 year old mum to protect her from scams etc. For 6 months the unit was unusable as no Caller ID was enabled by TalkTalk despite constant complaints even as far as the CEO. Eventually we changed ISP to PlusNet. But the situation persists, still no caller ID. When this problem first appeard last year I thought it was the trueCall unit and bought a new one, but that wasn't the problem and I am still waiting to install the new one when the caller Id is fixed. As I mentioned I also have a trueCall unit, I live in the same area as my mum and I use PlusNet with no problems.
    Is this an Open Reach problem and how can I get it resolved as my mum is at risk with no caller ID.

2. Top Cat

Top Cat Administrator Staff Member

trueCall Model:
    trueCall Classic + Extra + Recorder
    Englishman in Wales!
    As broadband has nothing to do with CLI, it won't be an OpenReach issue (unless OR is responsible for the network in general? I don't think so - but I'm sure somebody will correct me otherwise).

Unless you are using an alternative delivery provider such as Virgin cable, whoever you pay the phone bill to is still providing the service over BT phone lines and exchanges. Ultimately your provider has to prompt BT to enable CLI at the exchange (or fix the fault). Personally I would always advocate contracting directly with BT, then you are dealing with the organ grinder instead of the organ grinder's monkey.

If you are denied a telecoms service you have contracted for, and have taken your complaint as far as is possible with the organisation in question, the next step is a complaint to Ofcom.

Without CLI, you can still usefully employ the trueCall to provide call screening by whisper or break-through code.