1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the trueCall Community Forum - The official discussion forum for trueCall users.

You are currently browsing as a guest. You are invited to register with the trueCall Community Forum and join this growing community of trueCall users. Registration only takes a minute and has benefits such as the ability to post messages, private messaging and more.

Two 'Care' Units

Discussion in 'trueCall Care' started by MsGemini, Nov 13, 2015.

1. MsGemini

MsGemini New Member

trueCall Model:
    trueCall Care + Recorder
    England
    Hello all, I'm a newbie here but wanted to say that we recently bought a 'Care' unit for my elderly father-in-law. It's brought him, and me & hubby, a lot of peace of mind. No more dreadful people/companies disturbing and upsetting him as we have it on the Trusted Callers only profile. In fact after we bought that for him I saw the TV programmes Watchdog & Dispatches and how some local Trading Standards offices are actively involved in loaning out this device to elderly people with a degree of dementia. Good timing really as I had been thinking about getting one for my mother too as it was proving so successful for f-in-l, so I contacted our local office. Upshot being they have loaned us one for mum. It was installed yesterday along side her alarm unit and I did the programming online as it's so easy to keep a watch on what's happening via that route.

It didn't take long to set the unit up in the same way as I had done before for f-in-l, but after a few minutes I realised the unit wasn't working as it should have been. Anyway, I phoned the amazingly helpful people at trueCall & spoke to Isaac who soon established the reason why. It was because mum has a Virgin phone line, unlike f-in-l who's with BT. But, no problem, Isaac reconfigured the TruCall Care unit and, after doing a weblink, everything works just as it should do on the Trusted Caller profile.

So just to say these devices are a godsend for our parents, and we'll be keeping a close eye on who calls them from now on (even if they can't get through) via the internet control panel. But be aware that if you have a Virgin phone line you may very well have to contact trueCall.

diabolo likes this.
  2. Top Cat

Top Cat Administrator Staff Member

trueCall Model:
    trueCall Classic + Extra + Recorder
    Englishman in Wales!
    Thanks for that, and welcome to the forum.

3. MsGemini

MsGemini New Member

trueCall Model:
    trueCall Care + Recorder
    England
    Thanks Top Cat. Glad to have found the forum.