1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the trueCall Community Forum - The official discussion forum for trueCall users.

You are currently browsing as a guest. You are invited to register with the trueCall Community Forum and join this growing community of trueCall users. Registration only takes a minute and has benefits such as the ability to post messages, private messaging and more.

trueCall, security & encryption

Discussion in 'Internet Control Panel (ICP)' started by HAL9000, Jan 21, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HAL9000

HAL9000 Member

trueCall Model:
    trueCall Call Blocker + Recorder
    Continental Europe
    Hi,

I find it somewhat curious that trueCall never mentions their own security measures.

I don’t want that neither a 15-year-old hacker with acne or furious telemarketing spammers nor hopefully the GCHQ can hack my call information that TC stores.

Therefore my question, does someone know the following:
    - Is a Weblink encrypted? If Yes, with what kind of encryption?
    - Is the data that is stored on the servers of the Internet Control Panel encrypted and with what kind of encryption?

Of course I know that the connection to the ICP via internet is secured with a SSL encryption, but that is not the point.

2. Top Cat

Top Cat Administrator Staff Member

trueCall Model:
    trueCall Classic + Extra + Recorder
    Englishman in Wales!
    We won't know the answer to this unless trueCall offer us a statement. Is the information a hacker might obtain unique and unavailable by other means? I don't see the payload as particularly valuable.

3. HAL9000

HAL9000 Member

trueCall Model:
    Continental Europe
    I will ask trueCall and post if possible their response here.

4. HAL9000

HAL9000 Member

trueCall Model:
    Continental Europe
    I have discussed this with trueCall, and I am satisfied that the security issues are adequately addressed.

5. Top Cat

Top Cat Administrator Staff Member

trueCall Model:
    trueCall Classic + Extra + Recorder
    Englishman in Wales!
    For obvious reasons trueCall are keeping all details regarding security etc confidential. No further information will be released, and no further discussion will be permitted on this forum. This topic is now closed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.