1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the trueCall Community Forum - The official discussion forum for trueCall users.

You are currently browsing as a guest. You are invited to register with the trueCall Community Forum and join this growing community of trueCall users. Registration only takes a minute and has benefits such as the ability to post messages, private messaging and more.

trueCall breaks SMS

Discussion in 'trueCall Classic' started by stevea, Dec 3, 2015.

1. stevea

stevea New Member

Hello

I have some DECT phones (BT Synergy 4100) that support SMS text messaging - they work if they are not connected through the trueCall, however with the trueCall in circuit, incoming messages do not arrive in the phones' Inboxes.

The line light on the phone comes on, and it seems to be analysing the incoming message, but nothing is stored.

Interestingly the trueCall adds the name "Text Message" to the incoming caller ID, so I wonder if this is confusing the phones.

Anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks
    Steve

2. Millimole

Millimole New Member

trueCall Model:
    trueCall Call Blocker + Recorder
    SMS messages come through the unit to my Seimens Gigaset phones OK

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

3. stevea

stevea New Member

Sounds like the Synergy phones might be particularly fussy about the caller-id. I tried starring the number and manipulating the name, but that causes trueCall to send the number preceded by an asterisk in the name field (regardless of what I type in there). I was hoping that if I left it blank it would send just the number.

4. martin

martin New Member

trueCall Model:
    trueCall Classic + Extra + Recorder
    I think I would agree the problem is the handsets, too. I recently upgraded by Siemens phone system (C475IP > S850IP) and found that the BT Text service worked for outgoing messages only. The originator of incoming SMS was getting a "delivered" report from BT Text but their message did not arrive on the handsets. I suspect the handset was discarding the messages because of incorrect CLI data.

The solution was to update the two Star List entries to stop the trueCall altering in the CLI:
    1. Phone Number = 080058752* | Name = BT Text | Type = My Star List | Display
      On Handset = No
    2. Phone Number = 08456021111 | Name = BT SMS TTS | Type = My Star List | Display
      On Handset = No
    Send SMS Message "Reset" to number 00000 (five zeroes) and BT Text will respond with an acknowledgement. If you want to use SMS Mailboxes (not supported on all handsets, refer to your user guide) send "Register" to 00000 for each Mailbox you want to use.

Top Cat likes this.
  5. stevea

stevea New Member

Thanks for the info, but unfortunately doesn't help with the Synergy's.