1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the trueCall Community Forum - The official discussion forum for trueCall users.

You are currently browsing as a guest. You are invited to register with the trueCall Community Forum and join this growing community of trueCall users. Registration only takes a minute and has benefits such as the ability to post messages, private messaging and more.

trueCall blocker, phone now not ringing

Discussion in 'trueCall Call Blocker' started by baffle, Jan 24, 2016.

1. baffle

baffle New Member

trueCall Model:
    trueCall Call Blocker
    UK
    I installed a trueCall unit for my mum 2 years ago. She is using the unit with an Amplidect Combination 355. Up until this year, everything has worked fine and we are all relieved and reassured that this brilliant device is in place to stop fraudsters getting through. Recently the phone has stopped ringing when a call is made by starred users and I am fairly sure it is the call blocker that is causing the error. There is no fault on the line (BT checked). Mostly a caller is cut off after 2 rings (audible to caller but not to called). Sometimes the call will ring through to voicemail for callers on the star list. An upload to Web may relieve the problem for a short period. Any idea what is going on? I am remote from the unit so it is difficult to be absolutely sure about all aspects! Thanks

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

2. Top Cat

Top Cat Administrator Staff Member

trueCall Model:
    trueCall Classic + Extra + Recorder
    Englishman in Wales!
    Sorry, if there seems to be an actual fault (as in this case) you are best off contacting trueCall support.

However, you do need to be sure of where the fault lies. You should take the trueCall unit out of circuit (just disconnecting the power should achieve that) and make sure the phone rings when you dial in (using a mobile for example), and make sure the phone registers the incoming number (trueCall relies on this to sort the calls).

If the phone doesn't ring with the trueCall unpowered, try again with the trueCall physically out of circuit.

3. baffle

baffle New Member

trueCall Model:
    trueCall Call Blocker
    UK
    OK thanks for this. Yes will double check that the unit is causing the problem. Thanks for reply.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk