1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the trueCall Community Forum - The official discussion forum for trueCall users.

You are currently browsing as a guest. You are invited to register with the trueCall Community Forum and join this growing community of trueCall users. Registration only takes a minute and has benefits such as the ability to post messages, private messaging and more.

Top Cat's Top Wants: Handset Wildcards & Optional Messages

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box' started by Top Cat, Jun 16, 2013.

1. Top Cat

Top Cat Administrator Staff Member

trueCall Model:
    trueCall Classic + Extra + Recorder
    Englishman in Wales!
    I've been actively contemplating the best use of a trueCall in an unconnected household (as most elderly households are), and how I would support them (as an "expert").

My strategy involves "benefit of the doubt" area codes - ie wildcards. To implement wildcards I will have to register the ICP for them (which implies unwanted access to their call logs), and any tweaks required after the first year will mean further cost (ICP subscription). Much better if wildcards management is included in the handset menu options. One less reason for people to subscribe to the ICP perhaps, but I doubt it will deter devotees.

My second want is also for me, as described here:

http://truecallcommunity.co.uk/threads/option-to-leave-a-message.26/

In summary, my non-starred callers go straight to messaging, but I would like them to have to press a key in order to leave a message rather than (99% of the time) automatically recording all the pre-recorded announcements we get these days.

2. OldGeezer

OldGeezer Member

trueCall Model:
    UK
    In my case my client will

1 Not notice the flashing message indicator
    2 Will delete the message before listening to it
    It would be helpful that the message cannot be deleted until played

3. Top Cat

trueCall Model:
    Englishman in Wales!
    While I was carer for an Alzheimer's case, the trueCall was hidden away to prevent it attracting interest. I believe the lamp can be disabled on the newer units. These may be the best options for you.

4. OldGeezer

OldGeezer Member

trueCall Model:
    UK
    Ive had the unit for over 18 months.

I deal with telepests the way you deal with the members :D

5. Top Cat

trueCall Model:
    Englishman in Wales!
    I'll introduce you to my mother, I think you will get on.

6. dborn

dborn Member

trueCall Model:
    trueCall Call Blocker
    Canada
    I second that request!

7. Top Cat

trueCall Model:
    Englishman in Wales!
    I have had feedback on the other request (press-key-to-leave-message): they looked into it and declared it impractical to implement in the current generation of trueCall units.