1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the trueCall Community Forum - The official discussion forum for trueCall users.

You are currently browsing as a guest. You are invited to register with the trueCall Community Forum and join this growing community of trueCall users. Registration only takes a minute and has benefits such as the ability to post messages, private messaging and more.

Tips & Tricks & Codes

Discussion in 'Welcome & Introductions' started by HAL9000, May 18, 2013.

1. C56441

C56441 New Member

trueCall Model:
    trueCall Call Blocker
    UK
    Much appreciate this info. After ordering a TC Call Blocker I started looking thru the forums and online manuals as needed to migrate contact list from existing phone system to TC, around 60 contacts in all but needed 96 TC entries given that many of my contacts had combined landline / mobile numbers against a single contact whereas TC needs them to be separate.

Furthermore existing phone (Gigaset) had no export facility but fortunately I had the equivalent contact list on an iPhone which could be synced with Outlook via iCloud connector which enabled entire list to be pasted into Excel. The problem was that I couldn't find examples of the format required in the online manual (and did not, at that time, come across this thread).

I therefore waited until device arrived and added a very small number of entries manually, exported the 'zap and star' list to provide sample format and then proceeded to convert my iPhone contacts list into the required format and once that was achieved convert the resulting spreadsheet to CSV then save as text file. After renaming '.txt' to .'list' import via TC Control Panel worked fine and the task of manual entry for 96 contacts was thus avoided.

For the benefit of future new users, some of whom may be less familiar with data migration processes, it would be nice to see greater prominence being given to the format required to import existing contact lists including a paragraph, with examples, in the online manual.

2. Top Cat

Top Cat Administrator Staff Member

trueCall Model:
    trueCall Classic + Extra + Recorder
    Englishman in Wales!
    Well done.

The "normal" user just needs simple functionality and simple instructions, while people like us will find a way to do what we want. This forum is for exchanging tips by/for "power users"; if trueCall published stuff like this they would also have the problem of supporting it when less capable users tried their hand.