1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the trueCall Community Forum - The official discussion forum for trueCall users.

You are currently browsing as a guest. You are invited to register with the trueCall Community Forum and join this growing community of trueCall users. Registration only takes a minute and has benefits such as the ability to post messages, private messaging and more.

Testing the Settings

Discussion in 'General' started by Ermintrude, Oct 8, 2014.

1. Ermintrude

Ermintrude New Member

trueCall Model:
    trueCall Call Blocker + Recorder
    United Kingdom
    This is my first post on my first ever forum so please be extra gentle! I'm not even sure I've gone about posting correctly - replying to a thread, possibly not even the most appropriate one. I've had my Call Blocker (with Recorder) just over a week and am trying to work my way methodically and slowly (by my normally impatient standards) through the manuals and any other sources of information. I plan to try out as many scenarios (caller categories and callflows) as make sense. I've added my mobile at different times to star and zap lists (and neither), and got as far as testing standard and secure profiles. In order fully to test the more exotic profiles, however - especially custom ones, is it possible somehow to emulate calls from the other categories of incoming caller? Even for a newbie like me, star and zap lists and caller not recognised (ie on neither list) are fairly obvious, as is mobile. How about withheld, international, business caller, unavailable, and payphone?

2. Top Cat

Top Cat Administrator Staff Member

trueCall Model:
    trueCall Classic + Extra + Recorder
    Englishman in Wales!
    Hello Ermintrude, and welcome to the forum. As you have raised a specific point of discussion I hope you don't mind but I have moved your post into a topic of its own rather than leave it in the introductions section.

Your point is valid: we can test the reaction of the trueCall to a recognised number by using a mobile phone, and we can withhold the number when dialling from the mobile to check what happens then. I can't think of a way to simulate the other types of call though (and wouldn't a payphone just register its landline number?).

3. Ermintrude

Ermintrude New Member

trueCall Model:
    trueCall Call Blocker + Recorder
    United Kingdom
    Thanks for moving my post somewhere more relevant!