1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the trueCall Community Forum - The official discussion forum for trueCall users.

You are currently browsing as a guest. You are invited to register with the trueCall Community Forum and join this growing community of trueCall users. Registration only takes a minute and has benefits such as the ability to post messages, private messaging and more.

Temporarily allow all

Discussion in 'Internet Control Panel (ICP)' started by David Petterson, May 13, 2014.

1. David Petterson

David Petterson New Member

trueCall Model:
    trueCall Call Blocker
    United Kingdom
    Hi Sorry if this has been asked before but I can't seem to find an answer.
    Is there a way of temporarily allowing all calls without losing Custom settings?
    I spent ages getting the custom mode just right but when I switched to Allow all in ICP then went back to custom after it had reset it all :wallbash:
    I wanted a temp allow all because my bank was ringing me back due to a lost credit card and I didn't want to miss it.

Just on a side note it would be nice to put "certain" numbers just too constant ring instead of a "don't ring again" Zap list. Call centres fair enough but I have some friend of a friend scenarios where they ring for IT advice at 10pm and I would like to let them down a little more gently!.....is this possible or more of a request for future?

Love the device and thanks in advance.

2. Top Cat

Top Cat Administrator Staff Member

trueCall Model:
    trueCall Classic + Extra + Recorder
    Englishman in Wales!
    Very simple: turn the trueCall off.

On the second matter: you do have three categories to play with (not just zap and star, but also unassigned). As a matter of policy I don't completely block any unstarred caller, you never know who might be trying to reach you. They all get invited to leave a message.

3. David Petterson

David Petterson New Member

trueCall Model:
    trueCall Call Blocker
    United Kingdom
    I didn't think of just turning it off. By that you mean just unplug it and it will still let calls through without power?
    The Unassigned thing is sort of what I mean but it means the number I tag just to ring and ring is bundled in with people I genuinely MIGHT want to hear from.
    I think what I'll do is just set it to Ring and Ring for Zap list callers as I don't think anyone is listening at the other end anyway (mostly recorded messages).
    Thanks again for your time :)

4. diabolo

diabolo Maintainer Staff Member

trueCall Model:
    trueCall Call Blocker + Recorder
    England
    Yep. It has an internal relay that fails closed when power is removed, effectively joining the incoming line directly to the attached handset/base station.

5. Top Cat

Top Cat Administrator Staff Member

trueCall Model:
    trueCall Classic + Extra + Recorder
    Englishman in Wales!
    Fail safe. If mains power is lost, a normal corded phone will still work. How are they going to manage that with VoIP??!