1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the trueCall Community Forum - The official discussion forum for trueCall users.

You are currently browsing as a guest. You are invited to register with the trueCall Community Forum and join this growing community of trueCall users. Registration only takes a minute and has benefits such as the ability to post messages, private messaging and more.

Suggestion for future hardware

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box' started by Spuds, Apr 12, 2013.

1. Spuds

Spuds New Member

I really love my trueCall unit. I have managed to block 99.99% of unwanted calls. There are still a few things I find annoying with it that I think they could be solved in future hardware releases.

Fit the unit with a network connector or at the least a USB connector so the following functions could be performed.

The call list can be interrogated locally without having to subscribe yearly to the online, and relatively expensive, control panel.

The ability to download (backup & restore) star & zap lists as well as user settings.

User definable individual ringtones for identification (i.e hear who is calling - data taken from star list)

Perhaps more buttons on the unit with clearly marked functions. I hate having to listen to the recording before it tells me which side of the button to press to save or delete a message.

These are minor gripes intended to help improve the design of future units, this is still the best unit out there, bar none.

2. Top Cat

Top Cat Administrator Staff Member

trueCall Model:
    trueCall Classic + Extra + Recorder
    Englishman in Wales!
    Not quite what you want perhaps, but...

From the trueCall Extra manual:
    From the Internet control panel, Advanced Call Screening menu:
    For information, trueCall Extra is an upgrade package for the trueCall Classic (the standard unit pre-Blocker etc). Manuals are available HERE (click). Some or all of the same functionality may be already included in trueCall Blocker.

I agree about having a USB port for direct control and access to the trueCall logs (an Ethernet port would suit me better, but would require more processing to serve a local web control panel whereas with USB the processing could be off-loaded to the PC), but note that the Control Panel subscription helps keep the service alive and it does add significant value to the basic capability of the trueCall itself.