1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the trueCall Community Forum - The official discussion forum for trueCall users.

You are currently browsing as a guest. You are invited to register with the trueCall Community Forum and join this growing community of trueCall users. Registration only takes a minute and has benefits such as the ability to post messages, private messaging and more.

Starred caller numbers displayed on handset

Discussion in 'Internet Control Panel (ICP)' started by Seamill, Oct 8, 2015.

1. Seamill

Seamill Member

trueCall Model:
    trueCall Call Blocker
    UK
    Is there any way of setting the default, when a caller is starred, NOT to display the number on the handset? I have been trying to have a friend name displayed on the handset, and couldn't understand why I could't do it, until I discovered about 150 numbers which we have starred, were showing as 'Display on handset' Most of them are numbers which we wouldn't recognise anyway, so there's little point in them being displayed. I have had to go through the list, one by one, and uncheck the 'Display on handset' box for each one, in order to allow us to have the ones we do want displaying checked.

Although I love Tuecall, and find it an absolute godsend, this is something which maybe needs addressing, unless I have missed a default setting somewhere which I can change. Can anyone help please?

Thanks

2. Top Cat

Top Cat Administrator Staff Member

trueCall Model:
    trueCall Classic + Extra + Recorder
    Englishman in Wales!
    Isn't the point of "display on handset" to send the name to the display (assuming the display is capable of alphanumerics) rather than the number, so that you don't have to recognise the number yourself?

3. tarbat

tarbat Member

trueCall Model:
    trueCall Call Blocker + Recorder
    Scotland
    But there is a limit of 190, so presumably the OP wants to delete some numbers so any he now adds do display.