1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the trueCall Community Forum - The official discussion forum for trueCall users.

You are currently browsing as a guest. You are invited to register with the trueCall Community Forum and join this growing community of trueCall users. Registration only takes a minute and has benefits such as the ability to post messages, private messaging and more.

Star lists

Discussion in 'trueCall Classic' started by deez, Aug 5, 2017.

1. deez

deez New Member

trueCall Model:
    trueCall Classic
    uk
    I have noticed recently that some numbers on my star list are not coming straight through.

Has anyone else had this and what is the best way to deal with it

Thanks

2. Top Cat

Top Cat Administrator Staff Member

trueCall Model:
    trueCall Classic + Extra + Recorder
    Englishman in Wales!
    Can't say I have noticed anything untoward. Check the CLI is coming through OK - any hitch there and obviously there won't be the exact match required.

3. deez

deez New Member

trueCall Model:
    trueCall Classic
    uk
    caller display seems okay

4. Top Cat

trueCall Model:
    Englishman in Wales!
    The only way you can be reasonably sure about that is to connect the phone directly to the incoming line (powering off the trueCall will do that). With the trueCall in the circuit (and powered), the CLI the phone displays is actually regenerated by the trueCall.

5. deez

deez New Member

trueCall Model:
    trueCall Classic
    uk
    Let me see if I understand this rightly

The incoming call's identity is recognised by the trueCall system which then regenerates it to the caller display on the phone. The calls not let through are correct both in the trueCall star list and as a saved contact in the phone's memory

The call must be from the number that is registered with trueCall and it is correctly regenerated to the display on the phone.

I cannot see where the room is for error.

By disconnecting the trueCall box the call will still show on the display as its in my saved contacts on the phone.

I don't see how the disconnection of trueCall will prove anything

6. Top Cat

trueCall Model:
    Englishman in Wales!
    You say some starred callers aren't getting through, so we are looking for a clue as to why this might be. You've not provided a lot to go on - how, for example, do you know they are not getting through? What happens? What happens if the same caller calls when the trueCall is off?

7. deez

deez New Member

trueCall Model:
    trueCall Classic
    uk
    Okay, it's sorted, many thanks for responding

8. Top Cat

trueCall Model:
    Englishman in Wales!
    @deez: Do tell what the problem was and how you solved it, otherwise nobody else can benefit from your experience.

9. deez

deez New Member

trueCall Model:
    trueCall Classic
    uk
    Not sure exactly but I think a couple of contact numbers had been added/changed to the phone memory by a family member but not to trueCall. On another contact there were two numbers for the same person in trueCall (spelt differantly)

Anyways I've edited both phone and truecalls star lists so they exactly match and hopefully that should be that.

10. Top Cat

trueCall Model:
    Englishman in Wales!