1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the trueCall Community Forum - The official discussion forum for trueCall users.

You are currently browsing as a guest. You are invited to register with the trueCall Community Forum and join this growing community of trueCall users. Registration only takes a minute and has benefits such as the ability to post messages, private messaging and more.

Spam Postings

Discussion in 'Forum Issues' started by Top Cat, Jan 7, 2014.

1. Top Cat

Top Cat Administrator Staff Member

trueCall Model:
    trueCall Classic + Extra + Recorder
    Englishman in Wales!
    I'll hold my hand up and say there has been an error in handling some posts which were interpreted as spam (or at least against forum policy) - you do all know what forum policy is? See here:

http://truecallcommunity.co.uk/help/terms

User "Dawrf" got implicated, and in a rush of blood was banned - unfortunately that resulted in all his posts being deleted (permanently? Not sure at the moment).

I apologise for this and put it down to human error. However, the trigger was not adhering to forum policy.

2. Top Cat

Top Cat Administrator Staff Member

trueCall Model:
    trueCall Classic + Extra + Recorder
    Englishman in Wales!
    Despite warnings on the registration page, and despite new members having their posts quarantined until approved, we still get a steady stream of spammers. What this forum needs is a trueCall!

I don't know why they do it. They might not mind wasting my time, but they are wasting theirs as well because the general public don't get to see their post even for a millisecond.