1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the trueCall Community Forum - The official discussion forum for trueCall users.

You are currently browsing as a guest. You are invited to register with the trueCall Community Forum and join this growing community of trueCall users. Registration only takes a minute and has benefits such as the ability to post messages, private messaging and more.

Service Codes

Discussion in 'General' started by HAL9000, May 17, 2013.

1. HAL9000

HAL9000 Member

trueCall Model:
    trueCall Call Blocker + Recorder
    Continental Europe
    Note: I have nothing spectacular. Just 6 codes.
    I have the following ##*XXXX# codes:

1. Code to switch On / Off the blue light of the units button (Classic TC2)
    2. Code to switch On / Off the blue light of the units button (Blocker TC3)
    3. Recovery code for corrupted SD cards (Classic TC2)
    4. Code to change the Weblink dial-up number (Blocker TC3)
    Regarding this code, I will never make it public, because there is a real danger to abuse it!
    If you understand the problematic behind this information or not and you make it public, then you're undermining the concept of trueCall and harm all trueCall users!
    5. International setup code for Weblink outside the UK. Sadly I don't know if this code is specific to my country or a general international code. I also miss the code to undue this change of setting. Therefore I will not make it public, until I have all necessary information and codes.
    6. Unit check code (Blocker TC3) (not a ##*XXXX#)

I can give you following codes, because these are already public, but under following conditions:

Warning!!!
    Please check if the code is valid for you trueCall model.
    You can check your model on the underside of your unit.
    • ? TC1: First generation of trueCall units. ( I have no codes for these models) ?
    • TC2: trueCall Classic (attention, there was an upgrade available called "Extra" for its firmware. I don't know if this changed the codes!) Therefore use these codes with precaution. Don't hesitate to ask the trueCall support.
    • TC3: The actual trueCall Blocker (valid until today the 16. May 2013)
    I take no responsibility for any problems related to the use of these codes.
    It's your responsibility to correctly use these!

1. TC2: Blue light button On/Off
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/review/R1LCHDDWB54W75
    3. TC2: Recovery code for corrupted SD cards. This is probably a code for TC2 Classic units.
    Quote: << Sometimes moving a card from the unit to the PC introduces a corruption onto the card. A simple procedure on your trueCall unit can normally recover the lost space.
    "Insert the card into your trueCall unit and dial # # * 3 0 1 1 # (Hash Hash Star Three Zero One One Hash), wait for a 'Ding' then hang up. Wait until trueCall's green LED comes back on, then power down your unit and power it up again. Now check the amount of free space on the card in the System Information option in the menus. ">>Unquote.
    Link: ≈ http://truecallcommunity.co.uk/threads/constant-blue-plus-fast-flashing-red.43/#post-282
    6. TC3 Check version over loudspeaker (Blocker):
    Quote: <<To check the unit you have, you should be able to pick up a 'phone attached to the unit, dial ** then hang up quickly. It should then tell you details about itself including model and software version over the speaker.>> Unquote.
    Link: http://truecallcommunity.co.uk/threads/hold-music.42/#post-150

I plan to create a goody for Mac OSX users. I will, if I achieve what I plan, submit this to the support of trueCall for approval and then post it here. At the same time, I will ask permission to make the Blue Light Button code for TC3 units public.

I also plan to open a new tread with some of these codes. You are welcomed to post your own codes. Please add only responsibly codes. If your code is somehow critical it will be deleted! If it's dangerous you risk to be banned.

Thank you, for your understanding.

2. Top Cat

Top Cat Administrator Forum Volunteer

trueCall Model:
    trueCall Classic + Extra + Recorder
    Englishman in Wales!
    Reference material such as this should be in its own topic in an appropriate forum section. I will move this when I have considered the best action.

completed

3. HAL9000

HAL9000 Member

trueCall Model:
    Continental Europe
    Ok. Please let me know to which section you moved it.

4. HAL9000

HAL9000 Member

trueCall Model:
    Continental Europe
    I will contact next week or so the trueCall support. I will also ask if it's OK for them if I post here this code.

It only depends on the security policy of trueCall Ltd.

5. David

David Member

trueCall Model:
    Glorious Devon (Sod the NSA!)
    I was wondering why anyone would want to do this, apart from playing a bit of a game. Then I read the Amazon link and understood. I actually like mine on at night for a bit of gentle illumination in the hallway. :)

6. HAL9000

HAL9000 Member

trueCall Model:
    Continental Europe
    Regarding the trueCall Blocker TC3 it's the other way around. The units are shipped with the blue light Off.
    I was used to my old Classic TC2 always shining blue and giving me the comfort to know that my beloved trueCall was protecting me. :pray:
    I missed this feedback on the TC3.

7. Top Cat

Top Cat Administrator Forum Volunteer

trueCall Model:
    Englishman in Wales!
    I have mine in a cupboard, away from prying eyes regardless of what lights might be flashing.

8. HAL9000

HAL9000 Member

trueCall Model:
    Continental Europe
    Blue Light codes for both units (Classic TC2 & Blocker TC3)

OFF (Classic TC2)

1. Pick up the handset of the phone attached to trueCall and dial # # * 1 2 2 # (Hash Hash Star One Two Two Hash)
    2. trueCall will say "Zero"
    3. Dial 1 # (One Hash)
    4. trueCall will say 'One - press One to confirm"
    5. Press One and then hang up

ON (Classic TC2)

1. Pick up the handset of the phone attached to trueCall and dial # # * 1 2 2 # (Hash Hash Star One Two Two Hash)
    2. trueCall will say "One"
    3. Dial 0 * (Zero Star)
    4. trueCall will say 'Zero - press One to confirm"

Source: trueCall Ltd. / http://www.amazon.co.uk/review/R1LCHDDWB54W75

ON (Blocker TC3)

1. Pick up the handset of the phone attached to trueCall and dial # # * 1 4 7 # (Hash Hash Star One Four Seven Hash)
    2. trueCall will say "One"
    3. Dial 0 * (Zero Star)
    4. trueCall will say "Zero - To confirm press One, to cancel press Zero"

OFF (Blocker TC3)

1. Pick up the handset of the phone attached to trueCall and dial # # * 1 4 7 # (Hash Hash Star One Four Seven Hash)
    2. trueCall will say "Zero"
    3. Dial 1 # (One Hash)
    4. trueCall will say "One - To confirm press One, to cancel press Zero"

Source: trueCall Ltd.

9. diabolo

diabolo Maintainer Forum Volunteer

trueCall Model:
    England
    I haven't tried it myself, but does it really say "One - press One to confirm" after you enter 0* (zero star)? I would have expected it to indicate that the value was being set to zero by saying zero.. will try it tonight.

10. HAL9000

HAL9000 Member

trueCall Model:
    Continental Europe
    You are right. It says (on the Blocker TC3) "Zero - To confirm press One, to cancel press Zero"
    I will correct this Wednesday.
    Sorry.

Corrected the 24.05.2013.