1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the trueCall Community Forum - The official discussion forum for trueCall users.

You are currently browsing as a guest. You are invited to register with the trueCall Community Forum and join this growing community of trueCall users. Registration only takes a minute and has benefits such as the ability to post messages, private messaging and more.

Secure connection failure - Firefox

Discussion in 'Internet Control Panel (ICP)' started by rkm_hm, Sep 19, 2014.

1. rkm_hm

rkm_hm Member

trueCall Model:
    trueCall Call Blocker + Recorder
    UK
    I've suddenly started getting the following error message when trying to access ICP using Firefox - but Chrome works ok. Any clues as to what's happening?

2. rkm_hm

rkm_hm Member

trueCall Model:
    UK
    Sorry, I tried to embed a copy of the error message - but it didn't work!
    This is it:
    trueCall_ICP.PNG

3. Top Cat

Top Cat Administrator Staff Member

trueCall Model:
    trueCall Classic + Extra + Recorder
    Englishman in Wales!
    I'm not by any means an expert on these things, or have any knowledge whether this is a genuine problem with the ICP server. A quick google suggests it can be bypassed:
    Source: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/secure-connection-failed-error-message

4. rkm_hm

rkm_hm Member

trueCall Model:
    UK

Thanks for your reply. However, it gets curiouser and curiouser . . .

a) The error I'm getting says that the certificate has been REVOKED which is not one of the options covered by the link you cite
    b) I'm getting a blank page apart from the error box I reported - so nowhere to click on anything to add an exception

That was on a Windows 7 32-bit computer. I'm getting this error in Firefox, a similar but different error in Internet Explorer, but Chrone works ok.

I've tried it on my Android tablet with 3 different browsers - Firefox, Chrome and Puffin - and they ALL work OK.

I've also tried it on a Windows 7 64-bit machine with 3 different browsers - Firefox, Chrome and Internet Explorer. It doesn't work with either Firefix or Chrome. In IE, I get a message saying there is a problem with the certificate, and presenting several options - one of which is to continue with the site. If I select this, it then works ok.

Go figure!

Although the problem seems to be selective regarding combinations of Operating System and Browser, I can't help feeling that there IS a problem with the certificate which trueCall need to look at.

5. Steambuff

Steambuff Member

trueCall Model:
    UK
    I am getting a similar certificate error with Windows 7 (64-Bit) + Internet Explorer .... It blocks my access so I can't login in.

trueCall do need to look at this

Dave

This organization's certificate has been revoked.

Security certificate problems may indicate an attempt to fool you or intercept any data you send to the server.

We recommend that you close this webpage and do not continue to this website.

[​IMG]Click here to close this webpage.

6. NigelS

NigelS New Member

trueCall Model:
    trueCall Call Blocker
    United Kingdom (Better Together)
    I am getting this as well this morning (Sat 20th); Certificate has been revoked.

7. Top Cat

trueCall Model:
    Englishman in Wales!
    I drew this to the attention of trueCall (in case they weren't looking), who have forwarded this announcement:

8. NigelS

NigelS New Member

trueCall Model:
    trueCall Call Blocker
    Further to my last email, the following got me into the web page:

1. Open Internet Explorer and verify that the page you are trying to view is listing a certificate error.
    2. To clear the certificate error goes to Tools --> Internet Options from the menu of IE.
    3. Click on the advanced tab and scroll down to the security section. Clear the boxes for: "Check for publisher's certificate revocation" and "Check for server certificate revocation".
    4. Click Apply and Ok.

Not sure about whether it's sensible to leave these options permanently cleared, but at leas I can access the trueCall ICP until they fix whatever is wrong with their security certificate.

9. Top Cat

trueCall Model:
    Englishman in Wales!
    I think the most worrying thing about all this is that some web browsers (including iOS Safari) continue to access the "secure" server without complaint, despite the expired certificate.

10. Number Six

Number Six Member

trueCall Model:
    UK
    Hello Colleagues,

Good to hear from you all. It's saved me the price of a phone call to trueCall Towers. But what about our members who've paid their annual subcription for access? trueCall have no-one to blame except themselves for getting into this [entirely avoidable] pickle.

And what about the false "unsynchonised" message in the ICP. Has anyone at trueCall got round to fixing it yet? It's been there for some time now and the man at trueCall knew all about it when I called weeks back.

11. Top Cat

trueCall Model:
    Englishman in Wales!
  12. NigelS

NigelS New Member

trueCall Model:
    trueCall Call Blocker
    Yes, I agree.
    Props to Microsoft on this occasion

13. cambrensis

cambrensis Member

trueCall Model:
    Welshman in England!
    I breathe a sigh of relief! Checked on three of my PC's with different browsers before I accepted I was being told the truth about revocation! I could have saved myself time by coming here first.

I am so glad to see that human error has been nominated the culprit. I like human error as I understand it - in fact I've spent a lifetime learning from my errors! I know the word used is "administrative", but this is a mere circumlocution I'm sure we can all wait a day or so, perhaps with bated breath!:D

Top Cat likes this.
  14. Rinansay

Rinansay Member

trueCall Model:
    trueCall Call Blocker
    UK
    It seems that the problem may now have been resolved, since I was able to log in to the control panel a minute or two ago.

15. Top Cat

trueCall Model:
    Englishman in Wales!