1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the trueCall Community Forum - The official discussion forum for trueCall users.

You are currently browsing as a guest. You are invited to register with the trueCall Community Forum and join this growing community of trueCall users. Registration only takes a minute and has benefits such as the ability to post messages, private messaging and more.

RSS Feeds

Discussion in 'Forum Issues' started by Top Cat, Nov 24, 2012.

1. Top Cat

Top Cat Administrator Staff Member

trueCall Model:
    trueCall Classic + Extra + Recorder
    Englishman in Wales!
    I've been thinking about the RSS symbols on the forum front page. How do I go about setting up to receive these feeds?

2. diabolo

diabolo Maintainer Staff Member

trueCall Model:
    trueCall Call Blocker + Recorder
    England
    You need some feed reader software then you just point it at the relevant RSS feed. To receive a feed for all activity here you can use the main RSS feed link at the bottom right of every page.

There are lots of different feed reader programs around for all operating systems. This Wiki page - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_feed_aggregators - is a good resource.

3. Top Cat

trueCall Model:
    Englishman in Wales!
    The iPad apps seem to point at Google Reader, so I might as well just try GReader to start with - but according to Wikipedia, Google are going to withdraw it on 1st July due to lack of use!

Where now? What will the apps that sync to GReader do?? Is Google's "there's no demand mate" decision based on everyone syncing through apps (therefore not incrementing the page hit count and avoiding adverts)??? Or is it really that nobody uses RSS any more, despite all the apps out there????

4. diabolo

diabolo Maintainer Staff Member

trueCall Model:
    England
  5. Top Cat

trueCall Model:
    Englishman in Wales!
    What a very useful-looking web site! Thanks.

6. Top Cat

trueCall Model:
    Englishman in Wales!
    I had a play with Feedly, but at present it does not work as a straight web service (requires an app). As it happens, Windows 7 magazine has a feature on RSS this month, and they focus on "The Old Reader".

7. BMcL26

BMcL26 New Member

trueCall Model:
    UK
    Works OK in Microsoft Office Outlook 2016'