1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the trueCall Community Forum - The official discussion forum for trueCall users.

You are currently browsing as a guest. You are invited to register with the trueCall Community Forum and join this growing community of trueCall users. Registration only takes a minute and has benefits such as the ability to post messages, private messaging and more.

Robocall filter

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box' started by John Sampson, Oct 7, 2014.

1. John Sampson

John Sampson New Member

trueCall Model:
    trueCall Classic + Recorder
    I am wondering if it is possible to detect if a voice is speaking at the other end while trueCall is playing a message. This would distinguish a robot from a live person. A live person will be listening, not speaking, but a robot will be speaking.

Regards

John Sampson

2. Top Cat

Top Cat Administrator Staff Member

trueCall Model:
    trueCall Classic + Extra + Recorder
    Englishman in Wales!
  3. John Sampson

John Sampson New Member

trueCall Model:
    trueCall Classic + Recorder
    I am not sure. My bugbear is calls from withheld numbers. Some of these are important, but most are junk. Prerecorded calls play through trueCall's speaker as they are being recorded by trueCall. The speaker cannot be turned off, so the call is disturbing. There needs to be a way of distinguishing robots from humans, apart from trying to identify the source or category. This would be simpler than all the fine-tuning one otherwise needs, and the hoops genuine callers have to jump through.

4. Top Cat

Top Cat Administrator Staff Member

trueCall Model:
    trueCall Classic + Extra + Recorder
    Englishman in Wales!
    I see. I have my speaker off (by which I mean it is hidden away). Robots can't press buttons on request.