1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the trueCall Community Forum - The official discussion forum for trueCall users.

You are currently browsing as a guest. You are invited to register with the trueCall Community Forum and join this growing community of trueCall users. Registration only takes a minute and has benefits such as the ability to post messages, private messaging and more.

Remote access

Discussion in 'trueCall Call Blocker' started by UKfromFrance, Sep 30, 2015.

1. UKfromFrance

UKfromFrance New Member

trueCall Model:
    trueCall Call Blocker
    France
    Hello,

I assume that, like myself, other members control the settings for an elderly relative's "UK phone" from abroad.
    Well . . . I want to be able to remotely access the UK phone in order to trigger a synchronisation.
    I want to do this without disturbing my mother if in the house.

So . . . I call in and get through ok and as an international caller I am asked for and enter my "callers code" which is accepted. I prefer this method rather than being on the star list as it lets me know what all international callers currently hear.

I then press "**" but this has no effect ?

Any thoughts would be appreciated :)

2. Top Cat

Top Cat Administrator Staff Member

trueCall Model:
    trueCall Classic + Extra + Recorder
    Englishman in Wales!
    You are, as far as I know, the first user to report this kind of thing, so you may be the only one to be trying. I cannot offer any advice on this matter; we will have to wait and see whether anyone else has experience.

3. UKfromFrance

UKfromFrance New Member

trueCall Model:
    trueCall Call Blocker
    France
    We will, won't we :)

4. diabolo

diabolo Maintainer Staff Member

trueCall Model:
    trueCall Call Blocker + Recorder
    England
    I think that you should be pressing * as soon as trueCall answers rather than entering your callers' code. I've just tried it on mine and I was then asked for a PIN. That assumes that you have Remote Access enabled.

Alternatively, have you considered enabling the 'Weblink after every call' option? All you need to do to trigger a weblink then is to dial and hang up when asked for the callers' code.

5. Top Cat

Top Cat Administrator Staff Member

trueCall Model:
    trueCall Classic + Extra + Recorder
    Englishman in Wales!
  6. UKfromFrance

UKfromFrance New Member

trueCall Model:
    trueCall Call Blocker
    France
    Ah ha.
    Many thanks to you both :)