1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the trueCall Community Forum - The official discussion forum for trueCall users.

You are currently browsing as a guest. You are invited to register with the trueCall Community Forum and join this growing community of trueCall users. Registration only takes a minute and has benefits such as the ability to post messages, private messaging and more.

Recording space

Discussion in 'trueCall Recorder (including Recorder Upgrade)' started by stevea, Jul 16, 2013.

1. stevea

stevea New Member

I have an SD card in my trueCall - its one that came with the "extra" upgrade, and can subsequently be used for recording.

Not that I have much need for it, however recently I wanted to retain a voicemail message, so I transferred it to the card, put the card in a PC and extracted the audio.

At this point I noticed that the software told me I had 70 hours of recording time remaining, and the properties of the card reprorted by the PC operating system indicated that most of the disk space was still available.

However, when I put it back into the trueCall it complained that there was only 20 minutes of recording time left on the card!

I've removed / reinserted it a few times and this continues to happen.

Anyone else experienced this?

Thanks
    Steve

2. martin

martin New Member

trueCall Model:
    trueCall Classic + Extra + Recorder
    I've had exactly this problem on 2 Recorder cards. I called trueCall HQ today and got the fix:

NB: Do not log in to your trueCall unit for this procedure.
    (1) Insert the SD Recorder in top the trueCall Unit - ignore the warning message
    (2) From your telephone dial ##*3011#
    (3) When you hear the trueCall "Gong" hang-up
    (4) Remove the black power cord from the back of the unit for approx 10 seconds
    (5) Reconnected the black power cord

The trueCall unit will boot up as normal and the SD Recorder "Time Remaining" warning will have been cleared.

My thanks to Amit at trueCall HQ for the tip.

HAL9000 likes this.
  3. stevea

stevea New Member

Thanks Martin, however I've since discovered that its not the card space its complaining about, its the space on the TC unit itself!

4. boswell

boswell Member

trueCall Model:
    trueCall Classic
    UK
    Useful to know as I've just got myself a 70hr Card. Only used it once (perfectly) so far, but this "fix" info will be kept just in case I get the same problem. Many thanks for posting and thanks to Amit for his response.

5. TINABONES

TINABONES New Member

trueCall Model:
    trueCall Call Blocker + Recorder
    United Kingdom
    Can anyone help me? Mine has a 70 hour memory card inserted, I have tried the above remedies but it is still saying I have 21 minutes remaining. I have the fast flashing red and blue light. HOW DO I DELETE THE RECORDINGS on the memory card. I can`t find it anywhere... Many thanks in advance for any help offered.

6. Top Cat

Top Cat Administrator Staff Member

trueCall Model:
    Englishman in Wales!
  7. martin

martin New Member

trueCall Model:
    Hello Tinabones,

The quickest way to delete all recordings 'en masse' is to insert the memory card in to your MS Windows PC/laptop and use the trueCall Call Recordings Manager.

If you don't have a PC/laptop:-
    • Dial #* on your telephoen handset
    • At the prompt enter your PIN
    • Key 2 (Messages & Call Recordings)
    • Key 5 (Call Recordings)
    • Delete unwanted recordings by keying option 3 (Delete Recording)
    I hope that is useful.

Top Cat likes this.
  8. TINABONES

TINABONES New Member

trueCall Model:
    United Kingdom
  9. Top Cat

Top Cat Administrator Staff Member

trueCall Model:
    Englishman in Wales!
  10. TINABONES

TINABONES New Member

trueCall Model:
    United Kingdom
    Thank you all so much. I,ll give it all a bash but it is now saying the voice recorder is either missing or has been removed when i go into trueCall. It was actually saying this before but i was not paying attention. I am not that great on the comp but do get there eventually. My late son would have sorted it out in a flash. HELP ANYONE. And THANK YOU