1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the trueCall Community Forum - The official discussion forum for trueCall users.

You are currently browsing as a guest. You are invited to register with the trueCall Community Forum and join this growing community of trueCall users. Registration only takes a minute and has benefits such as the ability to post messages, private messaging and more.

Recorded sales call gets through!

Discussion in 'General' started by gramps, Jul 17, 2014.

1. gramps

gramps New Member

trueCall Model:
    trueCall Call Blocker + Recorder
    UK
    Had my trueCall a couple of months now and very pleased with it, has virtually removed our nuisance calls problem.
    I say "virtually" because it hasn't been 100% - twice my phone has rung and on picking it up I just get a recorded sales pitch (the last from 01255850721 - Clacton on Sea).
    The call doesn't start with, "You have a call from..." or anything, no opportunity to accept/star/zap ... it's just as though the number has been starred by me, but it hasn't.

My trueCall is setup as 'Secure' so it should be extra careful - I don't know how this is happening.

Command Centre shows:-

Unrecognised caller / Whisper / Hung up during screening

Anyone else any idea?

2. Top Cat

Top Cat Administrator Staff Member

trueCall Model:
    trueCall Classic + Extra + Recorder
    Englishman in Wales!
    I think it would be worth contacting trueCall Support for that one - and let us know the outcome.

3. gramps

gramps New Member

trueCall Model:
    UK
    Will do :)

4. gramps

gramps New Member

trueCall Model:
    UK
    Got this response, which seems nonsense to me ...
    We always answer from the extension phone, and 99% of the time everything works as it should - if it was working as it should we wouldn't have answered the phone on this occasion because it wouldn't have put the call through, ( Unrecognised caller / Whisper / Hung up during screening ).

5. Top Cat

Top Cat Administrator Staff Member

trueCall Model:
    trueCall Classic + Extra + Recorder
    Englishman in Wales!
  6. gramps

gramps New Member

trueCall Model:
    UK
    I see, thank you - my extension phones are all Dect phones with the trueCall being plugged into the master socket and the master Dect phone being plugged into the trueCall unit and I can operate/programme the trueCall from my extension phones, so it seems they have misunderstood 'Dect'.