1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the trueCall Community Forum - The official discussion forum for trueCall users.

You are currently browsing as a guest. You are invited to register with the trueCall Community Forum and join this growing community of trueCall users. Registration only takes a minute and has benefits such as the ability to post messages, private messaging and more.

Quick status list

Discussion in 'Internet Control Panel Suggestion Box' started by boswell, Nov 1, 2013.

1. boswell

boswell Member

trueCall Model:
    trueCall Classic
    UK
    I wondered if there could be a button on the Control Panel , so you can see at a glance how you've configured the set up. Perhaps similar to the Export excel file, but as a window.

2. toekneem

toekneem Member

trueCall Model:
    trueCall Call Blocker + Recorder
    Essex, land of sunshine , drought and conservative policies
    Not too sure what you actually mean.
    On the Call Blocker there is on the top menu "handling Incoming Calls" and "Options".

Options is the same for all units I believe, but the Call Blocker also has "Handling Incoming Calls" which then shows you the 6 different profiles you can select.
    Standard (default)
    Secure
    International Block
    Lockdown
    Accept All Calls
    Customize

Clicking on any of these can give further options.
    There is an image somewhere, cannot for the life of me think where I saw it.

3. Top Cat

Top Cat Administrator Staff Member

trueCall Model:
    trueCall Classic + Extra + Recorder
    Englishman in Wales!
    I think the OP means a summary sheet of the whole config.

4. boswell

boswell Member

trueCall Model:
    trueCall Classic
    UK
    That's exactly what I mean - an overview page of current settings.
    On the Classic model (or web view) there are no preset profiles as such, but individual settings under 7 headings. Under Call Screening for example there are 4 sub menus each with alternative settings. Under Advanced Call Screening there are 8 sub menus each again with individual settings.
    But after a week or so you might want to change the set up as it may not be working quite as you would wish. But you then have to go into every single Heading menu page again, then each separate sub menu to see what you did initially.
    So - a nice "overview" view would be very useful. (the current Export feature has the information on it, but has to be opened in excel etc).

5. Top Cat

trueCall Model:
    Englishman in Wales!
    The "export settings" link on the My Options page now generates an HTML page - try it.

6. boswell

boswell Member

trueCall Model:
    trueCall Classic
    UK
    Hi,
    When I go into export setting it generates an option box. Asks me to select which software will open it. If I pick Internet Explorer it produces a mess of text, arrows and so on - not a list I can use easily or follow.
    If I use Notepad or any other text program, the same type of page is generated.
    The only option as I said is Excel - and in fairness it does show a good overview page, as a table. Now if this page could just be shown directly in trueCall, as a page view, this would solve my query and be very useful.

7. Top Cat

trueCall Model:
    Englishman in Wales!
    That's what I got when I clicked "export settings" - a straight web page with a table of settings. I am using Safari/iOS5, but I doubt that has anything to do with it.

8. toekneem

toekneem Member

trueCall Model:
    On the laptop using Firefox and IE, all you get is as the sample below:

<html><head><style>html * { font-family: Arial !important; }td { width: 300px; }td { width: 300px; }table { border-width: 0 0 1px 1px; border-spacing: 0; border-collapse: collapse; border-style: solid; }td, th { margin: 0; padding: 4px;border-width: 1px 1px 0 0; border-style: solid; }h5 { text-transform: uppercase; }</style></head><body><h1>trueCall Options Export</h1><h3>November 04, 2013 - Unit: 010169903883</h3><h5>Personalisation</h5><table><tr><td>Day start and end times</td><td>06:00 - 23:30</td> </tr><tr><td>Callers Code</td><td>83</td> </tr><tr><td>Outgoing call duration warning</td><td>Warn after 55 minutes</td> </tr><tr><td>Intercept alert</td><td>On</td> </tr><table><h5>trueCall Voicemail</h5><table><tr><td>Ring duration - seconds</td><td>15</td> </tr><tr><td>Missed call reporting</td><td>On</td> </tr><tr><td>Audible message alerts</td><td>On</td> </tr><table><h5>Security</h5><table><tr><td>Security level</td><td>Standard security</td> </tr><tr><td>Remote access</td><td>On</td> </tr><tr><td>Security PIN</td><td>3883</td> </tr><table><h5>Call recording</h5><table><tr><td>Recording incoming calls</td><td>Record all incoming calls</td> </tr><tr><td>Recording outgoing calls</td><td>Record all outgoing calls</td>

Tried it on my ipad mini using Safari and iOS 7.0.3 and although it says it is a html file will only give me the option of opening in dropbox or sending it to airprint, opening in dropbox only shows a blank page.

9. Top Cat

trueCall Model:
    Englishman in Wales!
    How odd. I will post a screen shot as soon as I have the chance to edit out sensitive info.

10. diabolo

diabolo Maintainer Staff Member

trueCall Model:
    England
    The server must be sending a content type header that is something like text/plain instead of text/html. I'd check myself but my control panel access has expired. If you right click on that page and choose something like 'properties' or 'show page info' you should be able to see the content type.

11. toekneem

toekneem Member

trueCall Model:
    This is the same .
    Opened settings in IE , right click page and select properties. 04-11-2013 12-15-40.png

12. toekneem

toekneem Member

trueCall Model:
    Just noticed that it DOES WORK with Windows 8 and IE., save or open and if you open it opens as a html page.

If you use Firefox as the browser and select to open the file in IE then again it fails to open as a html page.

13. Top Cat

trueCall Model:
    Englishman in Wales!
    Maybe it's set up to save locally rather than view, and some browsers (ie iOS/Safari) are too dim to offer that option.

14. toekneem

toekneem Member

trueCall Model:
    I think I have sorted the problem.
    If I am using firefox and click on the save settings file then you have to state what you want to use to open it.
    If I state open in Internet explorer, it fails
    If I state open in Firefox it works.
    maybe they don't work together, but at least it shows the html page.

15. Top Cat

trueCall Model:
    Englishman in Wales!
    For what it's worth, here is what I get on an iPad (iOS5):

trueCall Status.png

16. boswell

boswell Member

trueCall Model:
    trueCall Classic
    UK
    The table above is what I get IF I open with excel - this is exactly the table I'd love to see as a page on trueCall control panel.
    And yes I've just tried "browse and open with" Firefox and it does work as you say Toek and it displays the table OK - maybe this will have to do.

17. toekneem

toekneem Member

trueCall Model:
    What OS are you using and what browser

18. boswell

boswell Member

trueCall Model:
    trueCall Classic
    UK
    I'm using Win 7 and Firefox 25 - now that I've set the "browse with" Firefox I get the table immediately - so this will probably suffice.

19. toekneem

toekneem Member

trueCall Model:
    Yes that was my trouble ,using Firefox and then letting it use the default IE for opening. Once I set it to use firefox for opening it was okay.