1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the trueCall Community Forum - The official discussion forum for trueCall users.

You are currently browsing as a guest. You are invited to register with the trueCall Community Forum and join this growing community of trueCall users. Registration only takes a minute and has benefits such as the ability to post messages, private messaging and more.

Query re adding Names to Star or Zap numbers

Discussion in 'trueCall Call Blocker' started by davidm53, Aug 3, 2019.

Tags:
  1. davidm53

davidm53 Member

trueCall Model:
    trueCall Call Blocker + Recorder
    UK
    If I add a new number and name into the star or zap list using the internet control panel (ICP), on the next weblink that is set up on the tC device, as expected.

However, if I add a new star or zap number directly to the tC device, either via the handset menu or using the * or # keys during a call, a problem arises if I then want to add a name to the entry. I can either trigger a weblink to get the number across to the ICP or add the new number using the ICP. If I then add the name on the ICP, then do another weblink, that name just gets deleted. I guess the logic is that the tC "database" overwrites the ICP "database".

The only way I've found to work around this is to delete the number only entry on the tC device using the handset menu, then add the number and name at the ICP and do a weblink to get it updated onto the tC device.

Is this the way it works or am I missing out somewhere?

2. Top Cat

Top Cat Administrator Forum Volunteer

trueCall Model:
    trueCall Classic + Extra + Recorder
    Englishman in Wales!
    I don't know what is supposed to happen, but it sounds odd you have to do that. I've not tried to do that – anyone else?