1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the trueCall Community Forum - The official discussion forum for trueCall users.

You are currently browsing as a guest. You are invited to register with the trueCall Community Forum and join this growing community of trueCall users. Registration only takes a minute and has benefits such as the ability to post messages, private messaging and more.

Query on number

Discussion in 'trueCall Care' started by Zubrette, Nov 3, 2014.

1. Zubrette

Zubrette Member

trueCall Model:
    trueCall Care
    UK
    The control panel shows a number being dialled but I don't know this number. It is 0800 9162790. My mum says she hasn't used the phone. Does anyone know what this number is. I rang it but there was no reply

2. Top Cat

Top Cat Administrator Staff Member

trueCall Model:
    trueCall Classic + Extra + Recorder
    Englishman in Wales!
    Please copy in the full ICP entry. Is there no matching incoming entry? What do you get if you click the magnifying glass on the right of the entry - it runs a "who was that" search.

It is not wise to dial numbers to see what they are - it alerts the other end that your number is live.

3. Zubrette

Zubrette Member

trueCall Model:
    trueCall Care
    UK
    I don't get any information from the "lookup" no phone type or company. This number along with some other 0800 numbers are being dialled out from mum's phone. These do seem to appear after an incoming call but not always. Mum says she is not using the phone at all so is this something that the unit does?

I'm not allowed to paste the ICP (not enough posts yet) but I will type it out

03/11/14 12:20 OUT 00.11 08009162732 [Freephone Call] Dialled through trueCall
    02/11/14 12.44 OUT 00.14 08009162706 [Freephone Call] Dialled through trueCall
    01/11/14 12.43 OUT 00.17 08009162790 [Freephone Call] Dialled through trueCall

4. Top Cat

Top Cat Administrator Staff Member

trueCall Model:
    trueCall Classic + Extra + Recorder
    Englishman in Wales!
    No this should not be something the unit does, unless there is something about the Care unit I don't know. Could these not be the result of Mum pressing a redial button on the phone? The evidence is that it comes from the phone rather than the trueCall.

Pasting text isn't a problem, I think you were probably trying to paste a web URL (which would not be allowed in your probationary period). You actually needed to select an area of text in the web browser, then right-click "copy". The cleanest way to then paste it into a forum post is to paste into Notepad first and then copy again from there.

5. Zubrette

Zubrette Member

trueCall Model:
    trueCall Care
    UK
    The calls have been identified, it is apparently the new way that the carers check in and out. Phew. The apparently dial an 0800 number and let it ring twice and hang up, their automated system rings back but of course hasn't got through.

Top Cat likes this.