1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the trueCall Community Forum - The official discussion forum for trueCall users.

You are currently browsing as a guest. You are invited to register with the trueCall Community Forum and join this growing community of trueCall users. Registration only takes a minute and has benefits such as the ability to post messages, private messaging and more.

Picked up at extension in log

Discussion in 'Internet Control Panel (ICP)' started by tarbat, Sep 5, 2014.

1. tarbat

tarbat Member

trueCall Model:
    trueCall Call Blocker + Recorder
    Scotland
    Anyone know what "Picked up at extension" means. Got one in our log yesterday, but we weren't even in at 11am when the call was received.

04/09/14 11:00 00:05 INTERNATIONAL Call from an International caller / Whisper / Picked up at extension

2. Top Cat

Top Cat Administrator Staff Member

trueCall Model:
    trueCall Classic + Extra + Recorder
    Englishman in Wales!
    It means the call was picked up from a telephone handset which is connected directly to your incoming phone line rather than through the trueCall unit (what I describe as "bypass").

If you don't have any handsets with direct access to the external line, or if it was not picked up in this way, then the trueCall has got it wrong - but note that if the caller hung up but the line did not clear immediately the trueCall could sense conditions on the phone line that might lead to that conclusion. The call status listed in the log should be regarded as an indication rather than absolute fact.

3. tarbat

tarbat Member

trueCall Model:
    Scotland
    Thanks for the explanation. We only have one telephone, and that's connected to the trueCall. No "bypass" phones, and nobody was in the house at the time anyway. So, maybe just an anamoly.

4. f800strider

f800strider New Member

trueCall Model:
    trueCall Call Blocker
    Wales
    My log shows that an outgoing call from an extension in my house was made on 4th September to the 17070 number (BT line check). Only problems are I was in France on that date and nobody was here, and I don't have any extension phones. Can BT instigate a call like this from their end or is this another "anomaly"?

5. Top Cat

Top Cat Administrator Staff Member

trueCall Model:
    trueCall Classic + Extra + Recorder
    Englishman in Wales!
    The number recorded for this kind of call is decoded from the DTMF dialling tones picked up on the line. It would be a remarkable coincidence if the trueCall logged "17070" but it had not been something to do with the engineers - I think that is the best explanation.

6. diabolo

diabolo Maintainer Staff Member

trueCall Model:
    England
    They can do it on your line from the green cabinet, exchange MDF or external master socket at your house (if you have a recent new-build). If you didn't log a fault with them then it's likely an engineer just plugged the test 'phone into the wrong socket at the exchange, but I'm surprised that the trueCall logged it!

Top Cat likes this.