1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the trueCall Community Forum - The official discussion forum for trueCall users.

You are currently browsing as a guest. You are invited to register with the trueCall Community Forum and join this growing community of trueCall users. Registration only takes a minute and has benefits such as the ability to post messages, private messaging and more.

Phone number for weblink

Discussion in 'General' started by Belligerent Barbara, Dec 6, 2014.

1. Belligerent Barbara

Belligerent Barbara Member

trueCall Model:
    trueCall Call Blocker
    UK
    The manual for Call Blocker says that the phone number used for weblink is a standard 0208 number, and on this basis (and because I have inclusive calls to landlines), I have set my unit to weblink daily -as well as pretty free use of manual weblinks. This is because I am playing with the settings, and am also fascinated to see the naughty callers being blocked out :)

However, there are quite a few reviews on Amazon which talk about weblink being to an 0844 number, which I think would be chargeable. I'm in an unusual position in that I don't pay (or even see) the phone bill - it is paid by the church of which I'm minister. I wouldn't want to be costing them lots of unnecessary phone charges just to satisfy my curiosity.

So I just wondered if anyone has every queried the change with trueCall, or can you confirm from your own phone records that your Blocker is dialling a geographic number when it weblinks?

2. Top Cat

Top Cat Administrator Staff Member

trueCall Model:
    trueCall Classic + Extra + Recorder
    Englishman in Wales!
    The weblink is indeed 02..., anything stated to the contrary is incorrect and possibly an attempt to discredit trueCall. Can you provide references?

3. Belligerent Barbara

Belligerent Barbara Member

trueCall Model:
    trueCall Call Blocker
    UK
    Well of course, as soon as you go back to a site and look, you can't find what you want. I'm pretty sure it was on Amazon, in either a review or a Question & Answer - but I've had a good trawl through and can't find it. However, I found this in a review from October 2010:
    So I'm guessing the earlier models used an 0844 number..

4. Top Cat

Top Cat Administrator Staff Member

trueCall Model:
    trueCall Classic + Extra + Recorder
    Englishman in Wales!
    Maybe that's true, I can't vouch.

5. toekneem

toekneem Member

trueCall Model:
    trueCall Call Blocker + Recorder
    Essex, land of sunshine , drought and conservative policies
    As far as I am aware it has always been a 0208 number. I believe support do have an 0844 number 0844 804 4000 Maybe it was this that you saw mentioned.