1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the trueCall Community Forum - The official discussion forum for trueCall users.

You are currently browsing as a guest. You are invited to register with the trueCall Community Forum and join this growing community of trueCall users. Registration only takes a minute and has benefits such as the ability to post messages, private messaging and more.

Phone NOT Ringing via Call Blocker

Discussion in 'trueCall Recorder (including Recorder Upgrade)' started by Mike Whitchurch, Oct 18, 2017.

1. Mike Whitchurch

Mike Whitchurch New Member

trueCall Model:
    trueCall Call Blocker + Recorder
    England
    Confused of Whitchurch here :confused:

Recently purchased trueCall Call Blocker with SD Card Recorder option (waiting for new SD Card to arrive).

I've looked through all the set up notes etc and can NOT find 'a fix' for this fault/problem!?

I'm hoping that it's just something very simple that I've just 'overlooked'??

Everything else seems OK and I love the online Call List set up etc.

The fault: A caller from The Star List phones, the RED Button on trueCall lights up
    BUT
    The Phone doesn't ring!!

I've tested the phone direct into the wall socket (i.e. NOT fed via Call Blocker), The Phone works fine!

Via the unit, Outgoing Calls are fine, in fact every other function seems to operate.

The Star List Caller is 'told' by the unit (after a few 'rings') "Sorry there's no body free to answer your call at the moment, please leave a message."

Has anyone got the answer?

2. Top Cat

Top Cat Administrator Staff Member

trueCall Model:
    trueCall Classic + Extra + Recorder
    Englishman in Wales!
    There is just a slight possibility the trueCall unit is faulty, or a slight possibility that your phone is incompatible with it - this is not unknown, and if I remember correctly we never managed to get to the bottom of that one.

What phone are you using, and can you try a different one?

3. Mike Whitchurch

trueCall Model:
    England
    Thanks Top Cat, I'll test it with another phone... just in case.
    Then I'll look at the Guarantee Options, especially as that's just started.
    Cheers

4. Top Cat

trueCall Model:
    Englishman in Wales!
    It would be useful to know the model of phone.

5. Mike Whitchurch

trueCall Model:
    England
    Opticom B300 Corded Big Button Telephone. This model is Hearing Aid compatible, Speaker Phone.
    The operates from the land line, it does NOT use any external PSU / Power Supply Unit.

As I said the phone rings if it's NOT connected via The trueCall Unit. :cry:

6. Top Cat

trueCall Model:
    Englishman in Wales!
    Does it have an REN value printed on the label?

7. Mike Whitchurch

trueCall Model:
    England
  8. Top Cat

trueCall Model:
    Englishman in Wales!