1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the trueCall Community Forum - The official discussion forum for trueCall users.

You are currently browsing as a guest. You are invited to register with the trueCall Community Forum and join this growing community of trueCall users. Registration only takes a minute and has benefits such as the ability to post messages, private messaging and more.

Own number rejected by trueCall unit

Discussion in 'General' started by stu, Apr 11, 2013.

1. stu

stu New Member

Hi All, just joined the forum, had my true all unit about 4 years now so I consider myself pretty clued up on it but after looking at the web login call log and found an entry for a rejected call with my own landline number. has anyone had the same? is this a trueCall flaw or a way for the spammers to get through...Stu

2. diabolo

diabolo Maintainer Forum Volunteer

trueCall Model:
    trueCall Call Blocker + Recorder
    England
    That's an odd one. I have never seen anything like that in my call logs. Is the log entry for an inbound or outbound call and what does it say in the Details column?
    If you choose 'Show All Details' from the dropdown box at the top, is anything else relevant shown?

I can't imagine it's a way for spammers to get through. Most CLI spoofing techniques rely on the call being answered first.
    Might be one to refer to trueCall if your logs don't shed any light on it.

3. stu

stu New Member

hi, sorry for delay in replying, yes an inbound call
    , will keep an eye out if it comes up again

4. db1

db1 Member

trueCall Model:
    trueCall Classic + Extra + Recorder
    BT line - in God's own county
    There is a possibility it was a text or TTS, I think they come through like that.