1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the trueCall Community Forum - The official discussion forum for trueCall users.

You are currently browsing as a guest. You are invited to register with the trueCall Community Forum and join this growing community of trueCall users. Registration only takes a minute and has benefits such as the ability to post messages, private messaging and more.

Out of Area Calls

Discussion in 'Telepests' started by mrsnutz, Jan 30, 2016.

1. mrsnutz

mrsnutz New Member

trueCall Model:
    trueCall Call Blocker
    UK
    For the past few days I keep getting out of area calls and when I accept the call just to see who it is before I Zap them I always get an engaged tone. I am not sure how I block these calls just encase its someone legitimate trying to get through but then I guess they would leave a message or at least speak. I have the standard default block as not sure about international block and the others as only had trueCall for 5 days so still learning.

2. martin

martin New Member

trueCall Model:
    trueCall Classic + Extra + Recorder
    The Internet Control Panel for your unit will log the CallerID for these mystery numbers. Click on the search button (magnifying glass) or simply Google the numbers to find out if other people have recorded details for a telepest. The fact you are hearing an engaged tone when you accept the call suggests to me that they are most likely either automated (or power dialler) calls or VoIP calls.
    Also bear in mind that anyone who has a legitimate need to contact you will, for the most part, have some other means of contacting you of they cannot speak with you via your landline, e.g. via your mobile number, email or your postal address.

3. mrsnutz

mrsnutz New Member

trueCall Model:
    trueCall Call Blocker
    UK
    Thank you Martin, You have been most helpful