1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the trueCall Community Forum - The official discussion forum for trueCall users.

You are currently browsing as a guest. You are invited to register with the trueCall Community Forum and join this growing community of trueCall users. Registration only takes a minute and has benefits such as the ability to post messages, private messaging and more.

Odd message from Call Blocker

Discussion in 'trueCall Recorder (including Recorder Upgrade)' started by Digi Snapper, Sep 21, 2014.

1. Digi Snapper

Digi Snapper New Member

trueCall Model:
    trueCall Call Blocker + Recorder
    United Kingdom
    Hi all,

I purchased the Call Blocked with a 140 hour recording memory card recently. The card has been used a little and has approx 5 messages stored on it. My Call Blocker is currently saying the following whenever I put my card into it:

"Warning cannot record to memory card. Call recording time remaining on memory card ten minutes"

Now, without even looking at the memory card I can guarantee there is no more than about 10 minutes of messages on it - nowhere near the 140 hours it is supposed to hold!

So, I looked at the card and its storage capacity on my PC is 1.83Gb. It shows as having just 12.2Mb free.

This seems like an extremely low capacity for a card to be able to store 140 hours of recorded voice files. Can anyone please enlighten me?

For the record, I erroneously purchased the Call Recorder from Amazon, believing that it would be both a Blocker and Recorder and I returned it to the seller, asking if I could replace it with a Call Blocker plus 140 hour card. They replied that they would do the exchange and settle the difference in price later. I duly received the replacement goods and heard no more from them. I looked at the prices of the various items as sold by them and found that the replacement items would have cost just a little more than the original item, so I figured I would leave it until I heard from them as they said I would. I still haven't heard anything. I'll be straight up and say that I think I might have been duped here, and sent a much smaller card than I should have received.

A simple test would be if anyone has a 140 hour card, could they let me know how large it appears to be on their PC.

Many thinks in anticipation of a reply or two ...
    Simon.

2. Top Cat

Top Cat Administrator Staff Member

trueCall Model:
    trueCall Classic + Extra + Recorder
    Englishman in Wales!
    When you say "looked", have you installed the PC management software and actually examined the message content on the card?

3. Digi Snapper

Digi Snapper New Member

trueCall Model:
    United Kingdom
    OK, I have done a bit more investigation and these are the results:

This shows what I meant in my first post - in Windows Explorer, the apparent amount of free space on the card is just 12.2 Mb of 1.83 Gb.

However, the snapshot above shows that there are apparently 134 hrs and 2 mins left of recording time on the card.

So, the question remains: why should I get the message in my original post every time I insert my card?

[As a reminder, this message is "Warning cannot record to memory card. Call recording time remaining on memory card ten minutes"]. I could attach an mp3 file of the message which I recorded of the machine saying this, but I am not allowed to use URLs or similar as I haven't made 10 posts.

Should I just ignore the message? Or are there REALLY only 10 minutes of recording time left?

4. Top Cat

trueCall Model:
    Englishman in Wales!

5. Digi Snapper

Digi Snapper New Member

trueCall Model:
    United Kingdom
    Hi Top Cat, thanks for letting me know about this. By Support Team, does that mean trueCall's own Support Team, or the Support Team on this forum? How do I contact them, please?

6. Top Cat

trueCall Model:
    Englishman in Wales!
    We're talking about customer support at trueCall itself. Presuming you are registered with the ICP, you can submit a support request ('ticket") through the ICP (link at top right - "Support"). Alternatively see the trueCall home page for a contact phone number.

7. Digi Snapper

Digi Snapper New Member

trueCall Model:
    United Kingdom
    Thank you, Top Cat, I have now sent a Support Ticket. :)