1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the trueCall Community Forum - The official discussion forum for trueCall users.

You are currently browsing as a guest. You are invited to register with the trueCall Community Forum and join this growing community of trueCall users. Registration only takes a minute and has benefits such as the ability to post messages, private messaging and more.

Number lookup function not returning results

Discussion in 'Internet Control Panel (ICP)' started by stevea, Jun 19, 2013.

1. stevea

stevea New Member

I've noticed recently that the "lookup" function doesn't return any results, however if I paste the search critia into Google, it does.

So for example I've recently been getting calls from 01483901748, from which "lookup" generates the query:

01483901748 | "0148 3901748" | "0148 390 1748" | "014 8390 1748" | "01483 901748"

This doesn't get any hits, however pasting into a search engine finds the number on the whocallsme website, and it turns out to be one of those Skybox Warranty pests.

I wonder if trueCall have changed the way this works. I always assumed it used Google anyway, so I wonder why it doesn't work now.

2. Top Cat

Top Cat Administrator Forum Volunteer

trueCall Model:
    trueCall Classic + Extra + Recorder
    Englishman in Wales!
    I clicked a spy glass icon from my calls list at random, and got the usual page with four links to various "who called me" web sites listed.

However, clicking the "search" button next to the search term didn't seem to do anything extra, but I'm not sure that it ever did (I don't recall using it before, I just went from the list of links).

3. toekneem

toekneem Member

trueCall Model:
    trueCall Call Blocker + Recorder
    Essex, land of sunshine , drought and conservative policies
    Have noticed this happening before.
    Does seem to sort itself out though.

4. stevea

stevea New Member

I think its been happening to me for a while, but I just assumed these were "new" numbers and hadn't got on any lists yet.

I like to zap them straight away and give them a label.

Interestingly if I go back to earlier calls, the lookup function is able to get results for some of them...

5. cambrensis

cambrensis Member

trueCall Model:
    trueCall Call Blocker + Recorder
    Welshman in England!
    I found early on that I had some hits and some misses using the search button. I've assumed it depended on whether or not it had been reported. These guys are frequently using new numbers after all, so it probably takes a while for them to catch up if querying the same pages every time.

I go the cluster engine route and simply enter the number. Two yesterday; one apperently going to get me money from a non-existent car accident and the other would have offered to fix all my computer problems for me! :rofl: Saves me getting hot under the collar at least.