1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the trueCall Community Forum - The official discussion forum for trueCall users.

You are currently browsing as a guest. You are invited to register with the trueCall Community Forum and join this growing community of trueCall users. Registration only takes a minute and has benefits such as the ability to post messages, private messaging and more.

"No caller-ID message / Whisper / Hung up during screening" - Huge number of these.

Discussion in 'trueCall Call Blocker' started by Marmite Sandwich, Dec 24, 2019.

1. Marmite Sandwich

Marmite Sandwich New Member

trueCall Model:
    trueCall Call Blocker
    United Kingdom
    Hi all,
    I installed this device a few months ago, and it has proved to be a great improvement over the previous device, which required each new number to be added to the blacklist AFTER receiving an unwanted call. However, one thing mystifies me. After installing it, I monitored the incoming calls to see how many were being stopped, to try and see how much more effective it is than its predecessor. I found that on some days, there were a lot of calls with no ID, which were being listed. I also noticed this when I was working near the device, because it was set to give an audible notification of every blocked call. There seemed to be a lot of them, and they would have got through with the previous device, but there never used to be that many getting through with no ID. So all of a sudden I seem to be getting a lot more no-ID calls than before (although they aren't bothering me).

I am guessing that the TC is detecting "phantom" calls, i.e. calls that don't exist. Is there some way of turning down the sensitivity on this thing so that it doesn't pick up non-existent calls? Picture below illustrates the scale of it on one recent day. It isn't always that bad.
    **Sorry, wasn't allowed to post a link to the graphic**
    There were 5 in 2 hours and 14 in 24 hours. Like this:-
    Incoming call 22/12/19 03:36 00:48 No caller-ID message / Whisper / Hung up during screening not available not available
    Incoming call 22/12/19 10:06 00:48 No caller-ID message / Whisper / Hung up during screening not available not available
    Incoming call 22/12/19 10:28 00:48 No caller-ID message / Whisper / Hung up during screening not available not available
    Incoming call 22/12/19 10:52 00:48 No caller-ID message / Whisper / Hung up during screening not available not available
    Incoming call 22/12/19 11:06 00:48 No caller-ID message / Whisper / Hung up during screening not available not available
    Incoming call 22/12/19 11:30 00:48 No caller-ID message / Whisper / Hung up during screening not available not available
    Incoming call 22/12/19 15:16 00:48 No caller-ID message / Whisper / Hung up during screening not available not available
    Incoming call 22/12/19 16:03 00:48 No caller-ID message / Whisper / Hung up during screening not available not available
    Incoming call 22/12/19 17:18 00:48 No caller-ID message / Whisper / Hung up during screening not available not available
    Incoming call 22/12/19 20:35 00:48 No caller-ID message / Whisper / Hung up during screening not available not available
    Incoming call 22/12/19 22:55 00:48 No caller-ID message / Whisper / Hung up during screening not available not available
    Incoming call 23/12/19 10:55 00:48 No caller-ID message / Whisper / Hung up during screening not available not available
    Cheers, Marmite

2. Top Cat

Top Cat Administrator Forum Volunteer

trueCall Model:
    trueCall Classic + Extra + Recorder
    Englishman in Wales!
    So long as the image file isn't too big, you can include it in the post - you don't have to link out to it (links in posts are permitted once you have lost "new member" status).

I don't know what to say about that. I can't think of any way the unit can be "too sensitive" - it is far more likely you have a line fault, but it will be a hard job convincing Open Reach of that unless it shows up on the automated test (which you can initiate yourself via the BT website... assuming you are on BT). Personally, I would probably just ignore it unless it causes more serious problems,

3. Marmite Sandwich

trueCall Model:
    trueCall Call Blocker
    United Kingdom
    Thanks for your diagnosis. Unfortunately I had suspected as much myself.

4. davidm53

davidm53 Member

trueCall Model:
    trueCall Call Blocker + Recorder
    UK
    There are some "engineering adjustments" that trueCall support can make (remotely), they did for me recently to resolve a similar problem I was having with an outgoing call router causing some line loading problems that affected the trueCall unit. Raise a support call via their website, I found them very helpful.

5. Marmite Sandwich

trueCall Model:
    trueCall Call Blocker
    United Kingdom
    Thanks, Davidm. I am going away for a few weeks, but when I am back, I'll try them.
    Cheers.

6. davidm53

davidm53 Member

trueCall Model:
    trueCall Call Blocker + Recorder
    UK
    PS to above for anyone following this. If TC Support make any of these "engineering adjustments" they say that they will get undone if you reset the unit. You will have to get Support to remake the adjustments, so keep a note of what they did (in case they don't)!