1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the trueCall Community Forum - The official discussion forum for trueCall users.

You are currently browsing as a guest. You are invited to register with the trueCall Community Forum and join this growing community of trueCall users. Registration only takes a minute and has benefits such as the ability to post messages, private messaging and more.

New to trueCall

Discussion in 'Welcome & Introductions' started by Zubrette, Oct 24, 2014.

1. Zubrette

Zubrette Member

trueCall Model:
    trueCall Care
    UK
    I have just purchased the trueCall Care for my mother, she has alzheimer's and is 86 so I am doing all the setting up and running of portal etc.

She has just started to get nuisance calls that she cannot understand or hear well so I thought the trueCall would be a good thing to buy.

I want to make sure that all calls she wants to receive from overseas and UK friends and family but block out all the nuisance ones. I never give her phone number out at all and ask all medical and government etc to call me first, mum would never remember or understand what they had talked about so it is better they talk to me.

To get the most out of the trueCall is there anything I should be doing, the trueCall is hidden away under the sideboard as mum would be pressing things and not understanding what it is.

2. Top Cat

Top Cat Administrator Staff Member

trueCall Model:
    trueCall Classic + Extra + Recorder
    Englishman in Wales!
    That's pretty much what I did - including hiding the unit away to prevent any attention to the thing with flashing lights.

3. Zubrette

Zubrette Member

trueCall Model:
    trueCall Care
    UK
    Unfortunately at the moment the trueCall is not working. It is not allowing any calls through at all even though I have set the portal to the lowest setting to allow all calls through.

4. Top Cat

trueCall Model:
    Englishman in Wales!
  5. Zubrette

Zubrette Member

trueCall Model:
    trueCall Care
    UK
    I have disconnected the trueCall and its just sitting under the sideboard at the moment. I did contact trueCall support on Friday but no response as yet.

6. Zubrette

Zubrette Member

trueCall Model:
    trueCall Care
    UK
    Fabulous response from trueCall Customer Support. The unit is working and I'm very happy. Great Customer Support, well done.

7. Top Cat

trueCall Model:
    Englishman in Wales!
  8. Zubrette

Zubrette Member

trueCall Model:
    trueCall Care
    UK
    They phoned me and immediately knew that the problem was that a software update was required. He applied the patch and then asked me to do 2 weblinks, he advised he would call back in about an hour and half to check it was all working. He then did call back and everything was working. Immediate response and problem solved and even calling back at the stated time, I was impressed.

9. Top Cat

trueCall Model:
    Englishman in Wales!
    Thanks. The detail is appreciated (and informative).