1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the trueCall Community Forum - The official discussion forum for trueCall users.

You are currently browsing as a guest. You are invited to register with the trueCall Community Forum and join this growing community of trueCall users. Registration only takes a minute and has benefits such as the ability to post messages, private messaging and more.

New Control Panel Design

Discussion in 'Internet Control Panel (ICP)' started by Mike, Jun 22, 2015.

1. Mike

Mike New Member

trueCall Model:
    trueCall Care
    Is it just me?

I usually hate people who moan about new designs for software.
    But ...

I thought they had decided it's time for a new Responsive design but no.
    Googles mobile friendly testersays...

Not mobile-friendly
    Page appears not mobile-friendly
    Text too small to read
    Links too close together
    Mobile viewport not set

I don't think it's even HTML5 is it?
    (Grumpy) Mike

2. Mike

Mike New Member

trueCall Model:
    trueCall Care
    I received this reply from support

3. Top Cat

Top Cat Administrator Staff Member

trueCall Model:
    trueCall Classic + Extra + Recorder
    Englishman in Wales!
    I've just had a look on a desktop (well, notebook actually), and even on a 15" screen some of the text is terribly small.

4. diabolo

diabolo Maintainer Staff Member

trueCall Model:
    trueCall Call Blocker + Recorder
    England
    It's a shame that the left hand menu is so big that the bit I'm interested in no longer fits on my screen!

I haven't noticed the small text though - the calls list is much clearer than it used to be although it could still use some colour to make it easy to spot which calls got through and which ones didn't.

5. Cliffg

Cliffg New Member

trueCall Model:
    trueCall Call Blocker
    UK
    I like the new design - I only view it on my laptop.

Two suggestions for the My Calls screen:
    1. Could the columns be resizable?
    2. Could an indicator be added to the Action column to indicate if the number was in the Star or Zap list?

6. Spam Basher

Spam Basher Member

trueCall Model:
    The new look control panel is of course simply a different layout of the old one.

I wonder if the new layout is intended for wide screen monitors ?

7. Hixoratums

Hixoratums New Member

trueCall Model:
    trueCall Call Blocker
    UK
    Google will whack the trueCall site in terms of ranking because of this now. I can't believe they are so out of touch.

8. cambrensis

cambrensis Member

trueCall Model:
    Welshman in England!
    I became very confused over this several minutes ago. Went to "trueCall" (last visit was last week) only to find that there was a new web address and title. I looked along the top for the control panel link, and of course could not find it.

Utilising my remaining brain cell I searched for "trueCall Control Panel" using my trusty clustering engine; it appeared first on the lists so I've added it to my start pages. At this point, I went back to the trueCall Page and eventually found the link through at the bottom in very small pale blue print. Obviously, I had not seen it as I do not have small blue eyes!;)

Before doing this searching and fiddling, I did check to see if I had missed an email about the change; I had not. Ah well - part of life's rich tapestry I suppose.
    I'm still using my original device purchased just over two years ago; using TC's suggestion of "lock-down" it works perfectly and blocks all unwanted calls, so I may doze away after lunch to my heart's content. It is conveniently situated where I am unable to see the light flash unless I really wish to - perfect!

9. Top Cat

trueCall Model:
    Englishman in Wales!
    I always use a direct bookmark to the control panel, so I hadn't noticed the change in the trueCall home page. I see what you mean.

Can't say I like the URL it resolves to - I hope this is a temporary situation while they switch everything over.

10. Top Cat

trueCall Model:
    Englishman in Wales!
    Phew! They've patched up the URL overnight.

11. cambrensis

cambrensis Member

trueCall Model:
    Welshman in England!
    Thank heavens for that! Branding is everything!

I must admit that yesterday when I entered "trueCall.co.uk" into my browser and was taken to that other strange URL, for a few moments I thought they'd been hacked! Now if the link-through to the Control Panel might be made more obvious, (I'm thinking here more of new users) I'd be almost ecstatic!