1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the trueCall Community Forum - The official discussion forum for trueCall users.

You are currently browsing as a guest. You are invited to register with the trueCall Community Forum and join this growing community of trueCall users. Registration only takes a minute and has benefits such as the ability to post messages, private messaging and more.

Memory card problem

Discussion in 'General' started by colin pickford1, Dec 3, 2012.

1. colin pickford1

colin pickford1 New Member

Just wondering if anybody else is having a problem with their memory card. Every now and again it says "memory card removed, memory card ready". Looking on control panel this is sometimes happening up to 12 times a day. Taken it out and put it back in a few times now and some times it's okay for days and other times for just a few seconds.

2. diabolo

diabolo Maintainer Forum Volunteer

trueCall Model:
    trueCall Call Blocker + Recorder
    England
    Mine doesn't do that - sounds like a faulty card or unit. How old is the card, and what colour is it?

3. colin pickford1

colin pickford1 New Member

Less than 4 weeks and it's blue. Do you think that the unit may not like blue? ;)

4. diabolo

diabolo Maintainer Forum Volunteer

trueCall Model:
    England
    I've seen both blue and black cards - just interested : )

This definitely isn't normal for a trueCall unit, I think you need to give them a call about a replacement card.

5. Top Cat

Top Cat Administrator Forum Volunteer

trueCall Model:
    trueCall Classic + Extra + Recorder
    Englishman in Wales!
    I don't get that trouble either.

6. Roger

Roger Moderator Forum Volunteer

trueCall Model:
    Memory cards have a bit of a history with this happening. There are a few options that may be available.
    1. Make sure that the gold contacts of the card are really clean and free from any greasy deposit (even the oil from your skin).
    2. Remove and reinsert the card about 6 times in succession to make a better unit-to-card connection. (This may upset your unit but power it down and back up again to reset it).

If the trouble persistes contact trueCall and report it. I know that a software fix may be available to resolve this problem.

Of course it may be a faulty SD Memory card. It is very unlikely to be the trueCall unit.