1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the trueCall Community Forum - The official discussion forum for trueCall users.

You are currently browsing as a guest. You are invited to register with the trueCall Community Forum and join this growing community of trueCall users. Registration only takes a minute and has benefits such as the ability to post messages, private messaging and more.

Local Area Code

Discussion in 'General' started by cambrensis, Jun 23, 2013.

1. cambrensis

cambrensis Member

trueCall Model:
    trueCall Call Blocker + Recorder
    Welshman in England!
    A very quick question to which I am sure somebody has the answer. I keep getting to a resolution then think..."Ah! But what if....?" Then give up!

It's this: When we dial out directly using a number not on our Star list, trueCall automatically adds it to the Star list and it will be recognised as such on subsequent occasions. What happens if we dial a local number, without using the local area code? So far as I can remember when somebody dials my number, their number is shown in its entirety.

No big deal I know, and if this is answered elsewhere I apologise. "To edit or not to edit - that is the problem!" (Yes...I know...but....)

2. Top Cat

Top Cat Administrator Forum Volunteer

trueCall Model:
    trueCall Classic + Extra + Recorder
    Englishman in Wales!
    This has been mentioned in dispatches, not sure whether it was on the Forum.

Yes, the STD code is included in the CLI data even for a local call, but there needs to be a way to advise the trueCall what the local code is so that it can be added to outgoing local numbers.

3. cambrensis

cambrensis Member

trueCall Model:
    trueCall Call Blocker + Recorder
    Welshman in England!
    Thanks TC. Surprised it had not struck me before; had done a quick check of resources but could not find the ref. - probably looking too quicky. Toothcomb and magnifying gass now called for!