1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the trueCall Community Forum - The official discussion forum for trueCall users.

You are currently browsing as a guest. You are invited to register with the trueCall Community Forum and join this growing community of trueCall users. Registration only takes a minute and has benefits such as the ability to post messages, private messaging and more.

Invalid Serial Number

Discussion in 'Internet Control Panel (ICP)' started by Les, Mar 17, 2019.

1. Les

Les New Member

trueCall Model:
    trueCall Classic + Extra + Recorder
    United Kingdom
    I have just purchased a used trueCall model TC3. The unit appears to be working ok but when I try to register the unit to use the online control panel I am informed that the serial number I am using is invalid. This number is the 12 digit number on the bottom of the machine.
    As the unit has been used before I am wondering if the previous owner has already registered that serial number and that is why it wont recognise it for me.
    If that is the case how do I clear everything so that I can reregister the unit.

2. Top Cat

Top Cat Administrator Forum Volunteer

trueCall Model:
    Englishman in Wales!
    Well, obviously you need to contact trueCall themselves and persuade them to sort it out. Let us know how you get on. It shouldn't be a problem, trueCall are pretty relaxed about that sort of thing.

3. Les

Les New Member

trueCall Model:
    United Kingdom
    I intend to do that first thing tomorrow, but was just wondering if anyone on the forum had the answer to save time and effort

4. Top Cat

Top Cat Administrator Forum Volunteer

trueCall Model:
    Englishman in Wales!
  5. Les

Les New Member

trueCall Model:
    United Kingdom
    Many thanks for your help. I have now spoken to trueCall and it would appear the unit is faulty. I have sent it back to them and they have promised a replacement within 24 hours FOC. If this proves to be correct then that is fantastic service.