1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the trueCall Community Forum - The official discussion forum for trueCall users.

You are currently browsing as a guest. You are invited to register with the trueCall Community Forum and join this growing community of trueCall users. Registration only takes a minute and has benefits such as the ability to post messages, private messaging and more.

Introductions: How Do You Use Yours?

Discussion in 'Welcome & Introductions' started by Top Cat, Feb 1, 2013.

1. David

David Member

trueCall Model:
    trueCall Classic + Extra + Recorder
    Glorious Devon (Sod the NSA!)
    I use mine mainly to cut down telesales calls. We have friends and relatives overseas so we have to let those calls through. This means that we get the odd call from Bill Gates saying that there's a problem with my Windows computer. I like to string him along a while; I'm retired and have plenty of time to spare. :devil:

2. Martyn

Martyn New Member

trueCall Model:
    trueCall Call Blocker + Recorder
    Well I primarily bought the trueCall to block unwanted calls but the ability to record calls has just proved to invaluable. Without naming names, I am having significant problems with a well know Govt Dept and the trueCall has allowed me to dispute a claim that I was called on a particular day and long term the ability to have a store of recorded conversations just maintains the balance of power to say the least. I love that I can go online and review months of call records and export them to file or print them, it is simply the best bit of kit I have bought!

3. OldGeezer

OldGeezer Member

trueCall Model:
    UK
    I control the trueCall for my father-in-law

4. blockhead

blockhead New Member

trueCall Model:
    Hi. having used every BT option and opt out plan, withheld number blocking etc, we have still been getting 20 to 30 anonymous / silent calls a day. I was going to change the number, which would have been a pity after 40 years. Now those pests, who ever they are get unobtainable, what a cracking idea. Loved ones abroad have the pin to get through. The online control panel is brilliant, easy to use. I created a star list in no time just copying and pasting from my contacts book on the iCloud.

trueCall, I wish I had heard of it before I signed up to all the BT add ons, I will now cancel them. This is far better, significantly more flexible. Chose to refuse only give you 10 numbers, which in this day and age is pathetic.

I am certain this box will pay for itself once I revert my BT phone line to normal, and let trueCall do the job instead.

5. David

David Member

trueCall Model:
    The clever thing about Choose to Refuse is that you can use it to block specific withheld numbers and let others through, should you wish. Even if the calling number is hidden from you, the exchange can see it and can react accordingly.

6. blockhead

blockhead New Member

trueCall Model:
    That is a very good point :) Never the less, 10 numbers is a bit parsimonious x

ps.I have all withheld numbers blocked by BT anyway... perhaps I should be more discerning, you have given me pause for thought, thank you.

David likes this.
  7. David

David Member

trueCall Model:
    I wanted to give you a gold star for using the word parsimonious but there doesn't seem to be one in the Smiley list.
    Have a :supercool: instead.

8. Top Cat

Top Cat Administrator Staff Member

trueCall Model:
    Englishman in Wales!
    "Likes" are the gold stars on here.

9. David

David Member

trueCall Model:
    A "Like" button, Facebook-style, would be nice.

10. Top Cat

trueCall Model:
    Englishman in Wales!
    What's wrong with the "Like" button (next to "Reply")? OK, so it's not in-your-face, but if you need signposts...

_________________________________________________________________________ |
    _________________________________________________________________________ V

11. blockhead

blockhead New Member

trueCall Model:
    @ David Thats for the vote on crazy words....

@Top Cat I don't think the like button is available to newbies such as myself, I don't see the button, I am guessing that David can't see it either :)

12. Top Cat

trueCall Model:
    Englishman in Wales!
    :oops: Sorry, I keep forgetting post count privileges! :lol:

13. David

David Member

trueCall Model:
    That explains it.

14. David

David Member

trueCall Model:
    Maybe I need to post more...

15. FatherHobbit

FatherHobbit New Member

trueCall Model:
    Bought my callBlocker unit as an early Christmas present after being recommended by my Brother-in-Law.
    Very please with it, only down side is my Mother's phone has been set up with Number Withheld.

Am I right in thinking that if she uses 1571 before my number it will the use her caller ID and get through?

16. toekneem

toekneem Member

trueCall Model:
    Essex, land of sunshine , drought and conservative policies
    I thought that was 141, or is it 1470

17. blockhead

blockhead New Member

trueCall Model:
    I believe that 1571 is to call your BT Callminder voice mail. May I suggest that you furnish your mother with a pass pin (by default the last two digits of the serial number of your trueCall box found on a sticker on the bottom of the unit), then when she gets to what what response you have set up to block withheld numbers, she can dial those two digits and make your phone ring :)

18. OldGeezer

OldGeezer Member

trueCall Model:
    UK
    The number to display your number is 1470

Easy to program your number in the phone with 1470 in front

Its not a good idea to block withheld numbers as these are used by doctors surgerys, gov departments etc

19. toekneem

toekneem Member

trueCall Model:
    Essex, land of sunshine , drought and conservative policies
    and half the cold callers in the country, so maybe better to give them the option of leaving a message

20. Top Cat

trueCall Model:
    Englishman in Wales!