1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the trueCall Community Forum - The official discussion forum for trueCall users.

You are currently browsing as a guest. You are invited to register with the trueCall Community Forum and join this growing community of trueCall users. Registration only takes a minute and has benefits such as the ability to post messages, private messaging and more.

International calls

Discussion in 'Internet Control Panel (ICP)' started by boswell, Dec 5, 2013.

1. boswell

boswell Member

trueCall Model:
    trueCall Classic
    UK
    I presently have International calls - blocked with unobtainable tone.
    I want my friend in New Zealand to get through to me.
    I have whisper set - I have shield set for unavailable calls.
    I have set a Callers code and a Skip Whisper code. On skip whisper setting I have set "skip on skip whisper code".

But I still have International calls blocked. The reason being we are inundated with crap sales International calls which I want stopped! With my previous simple setting of all International calls blocked - this was perfect. I am afraid if I change that setting - all the crap will appear again.

So many combinations I am now totally confused as to what will happen when they call?

Any clues?

2. Top Cat

Top Cat Administrator Forum Volunteer

trueCall Model:
    trueCall Classic + Extra + Recorder
    Englishman in Wales!
    Isn't it just a case of telling your friend what your break-through (Callers) code is? You could test it from a mobile by temporarily setting the same handling for mobile numbers.

3. boswell

boswell Member

trueCall Model:
    trueCall Classic
    UK
    Thanks for the suggestion. I have also spoken to Support (rang me back very quickly) and they are going to set it for me. Being physically unable to leave the house, testing of anything is difficult and mobiles don't work here, so Supports offer to set it for me is great.
    I understand they will set it as indeed you suggest - a Callers code. I'll check all the settings next time I access the control panel on the web.
    Many thanks however for replying it is much appreciated. It seems so simple that I feel a bit dull!