1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the trueCall Community Forum - The official discussion forum for trueCall users.

You are currently browsing as a guest. You are invited to register with the trueCall Community Forum and join this growing community of trueCall users. Registration only takes a minute and has benefits such as the ability to post messages, private messaging and more.

Incorrect code?

Discussion in 'Internet Control Panel (ICP)' started by Rinansay, Jan 8, 2015.

1. Rinansay

Rinansay Member

trueCall Model:
    trueCall Call Blocker
    UK
    I've had a couple of calls today that were blocked by my trueCall.

The ICP describes the calls thus: "Caller's number unavailable / Whisper / Rejected - incorrect code".

Since I'd set the call handling for that type of call to just Whisper rather than Shield and Whisper, what would the "incorrect code" have been?

2. Top Cat

Top Cat Administrator Staff Member

trueCall Model:
    trueCall Classic + Extra + Recorder
    Englishman in Wales!
    Maybe somebody tried a random break-through code.

3. Rinansay

Rinansay Member

trueCall Model:
    trueCall Call Blocker
    UK
    Could be, I suppose. However, since I have that type of call set to require just Whisper in the ICP, if the caller didn't say anything I'd have thought the message on the ICP would have been, "Caller's number unavailable / Whisper / Hung up during screening". Maybe I'll ask Support. It might be nice for them to get a nice straightforward question!

4. Rinansay

Rinansay Member

trueCall Model:
    trueCall Call Blocker
    UK
    I've received an explanation from Amit in Support:
    I was just a bit puzzled because I hadn't previously seen that particular description of a rejected call. I guess Top Cat was right enough, then, and it was someone just trying a randon break-through code — probably someone who'd been blocked before by my trueCall and thought they'd try to find a way round it.

Top Cat likes this.