1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the trueCall Community Forum - The official discussion forum for trueCall users.

You are currently browsing as a guest. You are invited to register with the trueCall Community Forum and join this growing community of trueCall users. Registration only takes a minute and has benefits such as the ability to post messages, private messaging and more.

ICP showing un-synchronised

Discussion in 'Internet Control Panel (ICP)' started by prlovesld, Sep 16, 2014.

1. robf

robf Member

trueCall Model:
    trueCall Call Blocker + Recorder
    Kernow, UK
    Looks like the issue is now fixed. Logged in to Control Panel this morning and showed as synchronized (consistently after further test). Thanks to Steve and team for getting it fixed!

2. Rinansay

Rinansay Member

trueCall Model:
    trueCall Call Blocker
    UK
    Indeed. It took a while, but it seems trueCall got there in the end!

3. Guy

Guy New Member

trueCall Model:
    Scotland
    Recently I have been experiencing weblink failures on an increasingly regular basis.

I contacted support via the contact form who tell me thats this is likely to be a server issue with their servers being too busy to weblink. I'm also told that there is a plan in place to upgrade the servers.

As for me the whole point of paying an annual fee for the control panel facility is to see/manage the calls I receive, paying for a service that does not work properly (weblink is required) is unlikely to continue in future.

If, as I have been told, this is actually a server issue, trueCall really need to address this now as a high priority, otherwise I suspect that they will lose a revenue stream from many other control panel users.

I'm actually sad to have to make this post because apart from this recent development my trueCall unit has been an excellent purchase.

Get it sorted trueCall, don't skimp on server capacity and spoil your otherwise excellent service, keep ahead of the game and keep your customers happy.

4. Rinansay

Rinansay Member

trueCall Model:
    trueCall Call Blocker
    UK
    I thought we'd seen the last of this problem, but unfortunately I noticed yesterday evening that it had cropped up again and is still there today. Oddly enough the ICP shows the following: "Un-synchronised - Last successful Weblink: 06/01/15 11:47." Since that's this morning when I last carried out a manual weblink and since that weblink is shown as successful, it's strange that my trueCall is still said to be unsynchronised.

I haven't yet contacted Support but I suppose I'd better do so.

Anyone else seeing the same thing?

5. robf

robf Member

trueCall Model:
    Kernow, UK
    Yes, the issue has returned for me as well - contacted support re this yesterday and received following response:

"Thanks for your email.

Thank you very much for highlighting this to us once again. I will feed to back to our webpage development team who will looking into this and
    hopefully it should not take as long to resolve the issue,

Kind regards,

Isaac"

6. robf

robf Member

trueCall Model:
    Kernow, UK
    I've also been getting less reliable weblinks and increased time performing them. Control Panel also has become a lot slower at updating over the last month or so (definitely site specific - on a fast connection here).

Very happy with my trueCall generally, but agree that as a paid extra, the server performance and reliability needs sorting out.

7. Guy

Guy New Member

trueCall Model:
    Scotland
    Yes, I have also had no successful weblink for the last three days.:angry:

8. Top Cat

Top Cat Administrator Staff Member

trueCall Model:
    trueCall Classic + Extra + Recorder
    Englishman in Wales!
    IIRC the weblink is successful - it just doesn't show as such.

9. robf

robf Member

trueCall Model:
    Kernow, UK
    This is a separate issue from the control panel showing as unsynchronised (though both look like server issues).

AIUI both myself and Guy are also getting increased failed weblinks (they're logged as failed, often after a lengthy failed update)

10. Rinansay

Rinansay Member

trueCall Model:
    trueCall Call Blocker
    UK
    Top Cat is quite correct, at least in my case: weblinks complete successfully, but the ICP still says that the trueCall unit is unsynchronised, and when I exit from the ICP I see a page that says, "Your trueCall unit needs to be synchronised with your Internet Control panel. Press down the button on your trueCall unit and wait for the beep..." Well, no, I've just carried out a successful weblink, and I haven't changed any options via the ICP, so there's no need to do yet another weblink.

In my case it's a minor problem because the trueCall is actually synchronising properly, but it seems that the ICP doesn't know that!

11. Guy

Guy New Member

trueCall Model:
    Scotland

Not so in my case.

What is happening in my case is that the weblink is failing & ICP correctly shows it's unsynchronised.

However, last night, for the first time in a few days, ICP successfully managed to synchronise with the server and my calls were updated & the ICP now correctly shows that it synchronised.

It's all a bit flakey really! :(

12. Top Cat

Top Cat Administrator Staff Member

trueCall Model:
    trueCall Classic + Extra + Recorder
    Englishman in Wales!
    I wouldn't be too concerned with failed weblinks unless they go on for an extended period. If the status is accurate at least you know about it.

13. jem16

jem16 New Member

trueCall Model:
    trueCall Call Blocker
    Scotland
    I had been in contact with Amit yesterday over one or two small issues and had mentioned this. His reply was;

Manual weblinks are working ok but overnight automatic weblink has failed each night for the last 3 nights.

14. Rinansay

Rinansay Member

trueCall Model:
    trueCall Call Blocker
    UK
    Well, this morning the ICP says that it's synchronised, so let's hope that's the end of that problem. Good that it was sorted quickly this time.

15. robf

robf Member

trueCall Model:
    Kernow, UK
    Yes, now showing as synchronised correctly here.

16. robf

robf Member

trueCall Model:
    Kernow, UK
    Looking at logs on my ICP I get failed auto-links occasionally on 02089484522 but never on other numbers. Could be a capacity issue on trueCall's lines and/or servers.

It would be good to get this sorted as call costs to add up, and ICP is already an additional paid service in itself.