1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the trueCall Community Forum - The official discussion forum for trueCall users.

You are currently browsing as a guest. You are invited to register with the trueCall Community Forum and join this growing community of trueCall users. Registration only takes a minute and has benefits such as the ability to post messages, private messaging and more.

ICP showing un-synchronised

Discussion in 'Internet Control Panel (ICP)' started by prlovesld, Sep 16, 2014.

1. prlovesld

prlovesld Member

trueCall Model:
    trueCall Classic + Extra + Recorder
    Wales
    Every time I log into my ICP it's saying that it is un-synchronised. I have just logged in and it says un-synchronised - last successful weblink: 16/09/14 02:31, which is this morning. Even if I force a weblink, it still says it's un-synchronised.

2. NigelS

NigelS New Member

trueCall Model:
    trueCall Call Blocker
    United Kingdom (Better Together)
    Yes, this is happening to me as well.
    Not much official response to your original posting?

3. Top Cat

Top Cat Administrator Staff Member

trueCall Model:
    Englishman in Wales!
    What do you mean by "official"? We're mainly a self-help group (with just occasional input from the Towers).

For what it's worth, my ICP is showing as synchronised, last weblink 0336 on the 18th. If I remember correctly there used to be a bug which caused it not to show as synchronised after a manual weblink, but I thought that had been fixed.

4. prlovesld

prlovesld Member

trueCall Model:
    Wales
    Manual or automatic weblink makes no difference as it was doing it automatically when I noticed it was showing un-synchronised so then I did a manual weblink and it still showed un-synchronised. I should probably contact trueCall direct to get an answer

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

5. Top Cat

trueCall Model:
    Englishman in Wales!
    ...and then let everyone know when you do :)

6. NigelS

NigelS New Member

trueCall Model:
    trueCall Call Blocker
    Sorry, I read the forums masthead (The official support forum for trueCall users) and assumed wrongly that that mean't it was run by trueCall Support.

I was doing a manual Web-Link. I have contacted trueCall support by email to see what they have to say.

7. Top Cat

trueCall Model:
    Englishman in Wales!
    From the section "Welcome & Introductions", topic "Welcome - Read This First":
    "Official" in this instance should be taken to mean "the only discussion forum endorsed by trueCall", this is the common usage in Internet parlance.

Update: When I get the chance, I will reword the tag line to read something like "officially endorsed". Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

8. NigelS

NigelS New Member

trueCall Model:
    trueCall Call Blocker
    I have heard back from trueCall about this issue:

Normally after a successful weblink the word 'Un-synchronised' should change to 'synchronised' to confirm that the weblink has completed.

Due to a current reporting error with our server the word 'Un-synchronised' is not changing, but I can confirm that the information is still successfully being transferred its just the word that is not being updated.

Our engineers have server maintenance work planned over the next 2 months so we are hoping to have this resolved in the near future.

Hope that helps

Top Cat likes this.
  9. Rinansay

Rinansay Member

trueCall Model:
    trueCall Call Blocker
    UK
    I reported this problem to trueCall support back on the 23rd of July. At that time it seemed to come as a new problem to the support person (Isaac) that I spoke to, and I was led to believe that it was probably caused by recent work on some server or other, and that it might take a few days to sort out. I'm interested to see from NigelS's post that there's now server maintenance planned over the next two months.

trueCall has thus been aware of the problem for very nearly two months now, and it might take another two months for them to get round to sorting it? That seems like extremely poor service to me. I'm not impressed.

10. prlovesld

prlovesld Member

trueCall Model:
    Wales
    I have received this reply:

11. Rinansay

Rinansay Member

trueCall Model:
    trueCall Call Blocker
    UK
    Well, at least the planned maintenance schedule has come down from two months to one, but why the delay anyway? Why can't the problem be sorted out this week — indeed, given that true Call was informed of the problem two months ago, why wasn't it sorted out long ago?

12. robf

robf Member

trueCall Model:
    trueCall Call Blocker + Recorder
    Kernow, UK
    I also reported this issue via the Control Panel on 25th July and received the following response:
    I enquired again on 9th September, as it is still unresolved:
    No real indication of progress. This needs to be sorted out ASAP.

13. robf

robf Member

trueCall Model:
    Kernow, UK
    Just sent another message to Support via Control Panel as this issue still persists:

14. Rinansay

Rinansay Member

trueCall Model:
    trueCall Call Blocker
    UK
    I do find it remarkable that trueCall have apparently done nothing about the problem. As you say, robf, they were made aware of it more than three months ago and yet the problem persists.

So why hasn't it been remedied? I can think of a few possible answers to that question.

1. trueCall think the problem is trivial and can't be bothered to do anything about it.
    2. They think it would cost too much to get the problem sorted.
    3. They don't really know what's wrong and can't work out how to sort it.

Whatever the real explanation is, the experience hasn't made me any more confident about the standard of trueCall service.

15. Top Cat

trueCall Model:
    Englishman in Wales!
    Plenty of voices on this forum say how good the service has been. Perhaps this problem doesn't affect many people (it doesn't affect me), and is obscure.

16. prlovesld

prlovesld Member

trueCall Model:
    Wales
    As trueCall is aware of it then they have obviously been informed about it and are working on a fix. Surely it doesn't matter if this affects a few people or lots of people good service would be to still get the system working correctly for everyone. I hope they don't have the same view - it's doesn't affect me

17. Top Cat

trueCall Model:
    Englishman in Wales!
    I was only offering a possible explanation, and trying to measure the extent of the problem. "Rinansay" seems happy to write off trueCall service as lacking based on this one example, when there is plenty of evidence to the contrary.

18. Rinansay

Rinansay Member

trueCall Model:
    trueCall Call Blocker
    UK
    Well, there's an interesting exaggeration, Top Cat. What I said was, "Whatever the real explanation is, the experience hasn't made me any more confident about the standard of trueCall service," and that was a perfectly accurate statement. I didn't "write off trueCall service" as you suggest, and neither am I "happy" to do so, but if a company hasn't sorted out a problem after more than three months then I think we're entitled to feel that it could be doing better.

So you haven't been affected by it? Well, lucky old you, because others obviously have — though it is a fairly minor irritation rather than a major problem. Nevertheless, I think it should have been attended to long ago. If there's a good reason for the delay it would be nice to be told what it is, but, like you, I can only speculate about that.

19. robf

robf Member

trueCall Model:
    Kernow, UK
    From responses above it looks like trueCall Call Blocker rather than trueCall Classic is affected here...

Absolutely. I'll post any response to my most recent Control Panel query re this issue here.

Whilst I'm very pleased with trueCall overall, and have found them most helpful both on the phone and via Control Panel, in this particular instance I'd like to see more transparency and action.

20. robf

robf Member

trueCall Model:
    Kernow, UK
    Just received the following response via Control Panel:

My response to Steve: