1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the trueCall Community Forum - The official discussion forum for trueCall users.

You are currently browsing as a guest. You are invited to register with the trueCall Community Forum and join this growing community of trueCall users. Registration only takes a minute and has benefits such as the ability to post messages, private messaging and more.

How to factory reset?

Discussion in 'trueCall Classic' started by gutt3d, Feb 4, 2018.

1. gutt3d

gutt3d New Member

trueCall Model:
    trueCall Classic + Recorder
    United Kingdom
    I have a TC2 unit + 'Extra' upgrade. It's very old indeed- probably getting on for 10 years now.

I recently had a problem where I was trying to get the unit to record onto the SD card, and couldn't make it work. In the process of messing about with it, I've managed to break it somehow. By "break it" I mean - it doesn't make any sounds at all now. No gong, no pre-recorded message, no pre-recorded messages when I playback recorded messages (e.g. "Press the left key to save, press the right key to delete" etc.) It seems that all sounds/recordings that were shipped with the unit are gone :(

This presents a problem because now any unrecognised callers don't get instructions on what to do. (I'd previously set up a "press 2" to avoid calls which played an automated message, followed by the whisper which told callers to say who they are). Now callers get nothing except part of the custom message that we'd recorded.

The part of the message which plays is "Hello, this is D and N".
    Next, I would have expected a message to say "If you are friends or an invite caller, please press 2"
    There is nothing further before the line cuts dead a short while later (presumably because no-one presses 2).

I've tried the ##*3011# reset, but no joy (and no noises/gongs, either)
    Weblink appears to work ok, but no noises/gongs during the weblink process.

Can this unit be factory reset? I'd happily buy a new one as this one has been such a trooper - but I've literally only just paid for 5 more years internet control panel access (paid in Nov 17). I'd rather not waste that subscription if I can help it - or would be happy enough to transfer it to a new unit if that were possible. Meanwhile I'm thinking perhaps a factory reset might be an option - does anyone know how to do this?

I've searched here, and not found a solution. I've found a warning about NOT doing a factory reset on very old models, and I'm bearing that in mind as I write my post; unless anyone can think of another way to go, then I believe factory reset is my best option here...

2. Top Cat

Top Cat Administrator Forum Volunteer

trueCall Model:
    trueCall Classic + Extra + Recorder
    Englishman in Wales!
    I think your best option is to give trueCall a ring. Only they have the technical knowledge (until somebody shares it here), and if it comes to replacement I imagine the subscription could be transferred.

Let us know how you get on.

3. gutt3d

gutt3d New Member

trueCall Model:
    trueCall Classic + Recorder
    United Kingdom
    Fair enough - thank you Top Cat. I raised a support ticket via the web (calling them is problematic as these days I tend to be at work during their normal office hours) so will let you know what happens and whether they can get it fixed.