1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the trueCall Community Forum - The official discussion forum for trueCall users.

You are currently browsing as a guest. You are invited to register with the trueCall Community Forum and join this growing community of trueCall users. Registration only takes a minute and has benefits such as the ability to post messages, private messaging and more.

Help

Discussion in 'trueCall Classic' started by Ian Flintham, May 28, 2014.

1. Ian Flintham

Ian Flintham New Member

trueCall Model:
    trueCall Classic
    Wales
    I find the whole system very hard to work out.I use a bt phone.When certain people that are on the star list ring,the tone is different and when I answer,the phone goes dead?When I ring off my mobile,the ring tone is different again and I can get through fine.

2. Top Cat

Top Cat Administrator Staff Member

trueCall Model:
    trueCall Classic + Extra + Recorder
    Englishman in Wales!
    What BT phone is it?

3. Ian Flintham

Ian Flintham New Member

trueCall Model:
    trueCall Classic
    Wales
  4. Ian Flintham

Ian Flintham New Member

trueCall Model:
    trueCall Classic
    Wales
    This is the most difficult thing to get working,and it was on Dragons Den.I,m out.

5. Top Cat

trueCall Model:
    Englishman in Wales!
    Can you try it with another phone, even if only temporarily? Nobody else has reported problems of this kind - either it's a problem with the phone or it's a faulty unit.

If you want to bail out that's up to you, but I think I can speak for the vast majority of users by saying we wouldn't want to be without ours.

6. Top Cat

trueCall Model:
    Englishman in Wales!
    There is something fishy about all this. The BT6500 is advertised as having nuisance call blocking functions, so why are you using a trueCall in conjunction with it at all?

7. toekneem

toekneem Member

trueCall Model:
    trueCall Call Blocker + Recorder
    Essex, land of sunshine , drought and conservative policies
    I also have a phone with similar call blocking facilities, the BT Home Smart phone. I just don't use the blocking facility on it. It is very limited to what it can do , whereas the trueCall does everything I want it to do.
    Shouldn't be any trouble to set the trueCall up, so looks like the poster may have a faulty phone or a faulty unit.

Can the poster tell us if he brought the trueCall New or second hand.

8. Ian Flintham

Ian Flintham New Member

trueCall Model:
    trueCall Classic
    Wales
    Brand new.The blocking feature is poor thats why I got true call.

9. Top Cat

trueCall Model:
    Englishman in Wales!
    Definitely worth trying with a different phone, just to help diagnose the problem.

10. toekneem

toekneem Member

trueCall Model:
    trueCall Call Blocker + Recorder
    Essex, land of sunshine , drought and conservative policies
    Yes definitely try with another phone, maybe a friendly neighbour can let you try their phone. Save purchasing one.
    Make sure you also try without any 1571 service if you have it.. Just bare phone and trueCall.