1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the trueCall Community Forum - The official discussion forum for trueCall users.

You are currently browsing as a guest. You are invited to register with the trueCall Community Forum and join this growing community of trueCall users. Registration only takes a minute and has benefits such as the ability to post messages, private messaging and more.

Hearing Clinic calling form 01332895906 - frustration

Discussion in 'Telepests' started by Belligerent Barbara, Feb 6, 2015.

1. Belligerent Barbara

Belligerent Barbara Member

trueCall Model:
    trueCall Call Blocker
    UK
    I had two calls yesterday from 01332895906 - or rather, my Call Blocker intercepted two calls. Having used the lookup facility on ICP, the number is associated with Hearing Clinic, there are a lot of complaints about silent calls, but those who do answer are asked about having worked in a noisy environment.

This morning, my Call Blocker beeped again, and when after the usual delay before my phone rings, it hadn't rung, I was curious. So I did a weblink, and what do you know? 01332895906 again.

I've added to my Zap List - but in the interests and public decency and all that, I decided I would report them to the ICO. Except on of the questions you have to answer is whether it was a live call where you spoke to a real person, or a recorded call. And of course, I can't answer - at least, not truthfully.

So, here I am, basking in the warm glow of protection from my trueCall, but unable to add my voice to the list of those which might encourage the ICO to take action against these people, who clearly ignore TPS (I've been registered about 6 years)

2. Belligerent Barbara

trueCall Model:
    trueCall Call Blocker
    UK
    .... and they called again later yesterday, and this time got zapped - Mwah hah hah hah hah!!!

3. Top Cat

Top Cat Administrator Forum Volunteer

trueCall Model:
    trueCall Classic + Extra + Recorder
    Englishman in Wales!
    Enjoy your trueCall in peace and tranquillity - let the poor souls without one badger the ICO. I know it's not very public-spirited, but if enough people acquired trueCall-type technology, these pests would not find it profitable to cold-call at all.

The only thing which irks me (ever so slightly) is that I will never be prey to a credit card courier scam and spring a trap on them.

4. Belligerent Barbara

trueCall Model:
    trueCall Call Blocker
    UK
    A bit like mass vaccination conferring herd immunity.... if enough people have call blocking technology, those who don't will eventually stop being bothered as well.....

5. toekneem

toekneem Member

trueCall Model:
    trueCall Call Blocker + Recorder
    Essex, land of sunshine , drought and conservative policies
    TPS, ICO , Ofgem,Ofcom and all the other coms are like Political parties. All talk and no action.
    Stopped reporting to TPS and ICO about a year ago, when I realised it was a complete and utter waste of my time which I value highly. I just let trueCall sort my calls now and I can get on with my life.