1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the trueCall Community Forum - The official discussion forum for trueCall users.

You are currently browsing as a guest. You are invited to register with the trueCall Community Forum and join this growing community of trueCall users. Registration only takes a minute and has benefits such as the ability to post messages, private messaging and more.

Handset off the hook.

Discussion in 'trueCall Classic' started by dazza101, Jan 26, 2020.

1. dazza101

dazza101 New Member

trueCall Model:
    trueCall Classic + Recorder
    Scotland
    Strange one....

Purchased the trueCall classic with voice record. Worked like a charm, though I’m a bit bored as I loved winding up the scammers but needed some peace and quiet.

Anyway tonight I tried to use my phone to call a landline, the trueCall box intercepted the outgoing call asking for handset to be replaced. Eh?

Tried calling my own mobile, my mob rings once then TC box stops the call. Turned off TC box still doing it. Any ideas? Worked fine for 11 days.... I’ve changed no settings.

BT premium phone. SKY ISP,

Thanks

2. Top Cat

Top Cat Administrator Forum Volunteer

trueCall Model:
    trueCall Classic + Extra + Recorder
    Englishman in Wales!
    If the trueCall is unpowered, a relay inside the unit connects the incoming phone line straight through to the downstream phone – so whatever's "still doing it" can't be the trueCall. To confirm, take the trueCall completely out of circuit (ie plug the phone line directly to the phone).

I think the announcement is "One of your telephone handsets is off hook, please replace it". This happens when the trueCall detects an active line internally but no active line externally. This typically happens after the other end of a call hangs up, if you don't also hang up (most quickly if they called you rather than the other way around).

Confirm your line and phone are working properly by removing the trueCall from the circuit. If they are, and restoring the trueCall produces the symptoms again, contact trueCall for support.